jpg image - width and height info

can someone help me with this beta coding ??? ive never used it and not sure why there are underscores at the end of these lines etc, when i run that code using the beta i get errors starting on line 17 then some more further down the script

cheers

Local $ret = DllCall("kernel32.dll","int","CreateFile",_
                        "str",$sFile,_
                        "int",0x80000000,_
                        "int",0,_
                        "ptr",0,_
                        "int",3,_
                        "int",0x80,_
                        "ptr",0)

The underscore can be used when a code of line becomes to long, and you want to split to

to multiple lines to make it more readable. And a change a time back made it required to

have a space before the underscore, and this code is from the before that change. Try this :

Local $ret = DllCall("kernel32.dll","int","CreateFile", _
                        "str",$sFile, _
                        "int",0x80000000, _
                        "int",0, _
                        "ptr",0, _
                        "int",3, _
                        "int",0x80, _
                        "ptr",0)

• Moderators

Replace the line DllStructDelete($p) with $p = 0

Is there a list Cyber/Anyone ... like a bad word list that people have made scripts in the past using certain features that were available at the time, that don't work now? I made a UDF and put it in Tidy for this particular one just in case a while back... since I usually have to Tidy most scripts I see on here just to be able to follow them correctly anyway.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It really depends on how long back in time you want to travel.. first thing that came

to my mind was the big change with the GUI-functions, but that was a long time ago...

Is there a list Cyber/Anyone ... like a bad word list that people have made scripts in the past using certain features that were available at the time, that don't work now? I made a UDF and put it in Tidy for this particular one just in case a while back... since I usually have to Tidy most scripts I see on here just to be able to follow them correctly anyway.

• Moderators

It really depends on how long back in time you want to travel.. first thing that came

to my mind was the big change with the GUI-functions, but that was a long time ago...

I don't see many scripts anymore that people ask questions about more than 3 or 4 months old (at least they 'typically' don't re-hash the thread). To be honest, dllstructdelete is the only one that came to my mind that is forbode basically.

You and Gary seem to keep the GUI stuff fairly up to date, and I think that people that have created / want to create new ones, tend to go with ya'lls new releases and update their old. It's been along time that I can remember trying to use a GUI function in an old script that didn't work, that hasn't already been improved by someone else.

I could be wrong, and thus my topic/question basically useless, just thought it would be nice for the noobs if they didn't have to keep asking the question.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hmm...I tried for a while to understand what you were talking about, but since

I didn't manage to do so, I can only guess that you're mixing me with Holger..

Correct ?

You and Gary seem to keep the GUI stuff fairly up to date, and I think that people that have created / want to create new ones, tend to go with ya'lls new releases and update their old.

• Moderators

Hmm...I tried for a while to understand what you were talking about, but since

I didn't manage to do so, I can only guess that you're mixing me with Holger..

Correct ?

I did !! ;) Sorry! :lmao: