BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

Today when I was working on wd_helper.au3 I got: 

! Loop maxed out on 50!!!

what this mean ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

It's a safety I build in not expecting to ever happen, but ensure there won't be some sort of endless loop.
Do you know how to replicate it? Guess you were working on a Variable at the time this happens....   remember which one?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

4 hours ago, Jos said:

Do you know how to replicate it?

I hope so.

I did screenshot.

I can try to make test tomorrow.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I just sent to you email: AutoItPortable_for_JOS__testing_LUA.zip - part 6 - ....

Let me know if you need some more details.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Thanks for the debug script: It is as I expected, a safeguard I had build-in, which I expected to be large enough but it isn't. :) 

When a $variable is checked for auto-include-addition, the script first checks whether it is defined in the current script by checking all whether a "$Variable" is part of a "Glocal/Local/Dim" statement or a line "$Variable=" is found. The assumption was that it normally would find no more than 50 occurrences of a variable in a particular script, but that isn't the case it this pretty large script. It is used 73 times so hence the warning message. I have left the check for max 50 in there for speed purposes and assume that when there is no definition for the $Variable in the first 50 occurrences, it likely isn't defined in this current script and bale the check. Changed it to only write an warning into the Log file form now on:

-10:54:57 ->AddMissingIncludes ->checkVarAlreadyDefined - Warning: Found 50+ occurences of variable $_WD_ERROR_Success, while checking for locally defined. Skip this check and assume not locally defined.

Change available in the Latest Beta version.

Jos 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

using: And it looks like the issue is fixed.
Thanks.

Edited by Jos

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos I attach testing script for this following issue.

Just open attached wd_demo.au3 and go to the last line.
And I hope you will see duplicated entries of _WD_GetSession like in the following screenshot

image.png.7fb3207c4a8ecd0c0a7be01d4101561d.png

Example Part 7.zip

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos

I have a new feature request proposal.

I was trying to use CTRL+j to jump into 

image.png.ca3b0ad6cf95543605a1bde767fc6ea7.png

EDIT:

can you add feature which will jump to desired include file which contains declaration of this value ?

Could you be so nice and add feature which will jump to desired include file which contains declaration of focused/selected value ?
Of course if this is possible and if you find some spare time....

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
2 hours ago, mLipok said:

And I hope you will see duplicated entries of _WD_GetSession like in the following screenshot

I get that indeed and will look at it why this happens but i am pretty sure it is related to this error in au3check:

+>13:02:41 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (22.611.2153.16) from:SciTE.exe (5.3.1.0)  Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/2009  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\jvdza\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\jvdza\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
!->Includefile "z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\Other_Members\wd_helper.au3" not found.
!->Includefile "z:\!!!_SVN_AU3\UDF_Forum\Other_Members\wd_capabilities.au3" not found.

You get a clean au3check run?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Could you be so nice and add feature which will jump to desired include file which contains declaration of focused/selected value ?
Of course if this is possible and if you find some spare time....

Will have a loo when I have some time for a new challenge. ;) 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

55 minutes ago, Jos said:

You get a clean au3check run?

afters some fixes ... yes.

Check my new attached zip

Example Part 7.zip

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Think I found the reason why this happens in your case and believe it is fixed in the current Beta zip file.
Also try the Goto Func change (Ctrl+J)  which now checks for Variable or Other string and will try to find the first "$variable =" definition in the current file or included files.
Will later update the name of Ctrl+J to Jump2Definition or something.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

using: 

And it looks like issue:

image.png

is fixed.

Thanks.

but I get such results:

>>> AutoItDynamicIncludes switched off for unsaved file.
+ 14:12:39 _WD_GetSession => Add include:<wd_core.au3>
> Added 1 include(s) at top of the script. (v Volume in drive C is OS
 Volume Serial Number is 9850-8576

Directory of C:\AutoItPortable\App\SciTEv5\Lua

08.03.2023  14:12           110ÿ294 AutoItDynamicIncludes.lua
               1 File(s)        110ÿ294 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  129ÿ234ÿ165ÿ760 bytes free
)

EDIT: is this log intentionall ?

Edited by Jos

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Jos said:

Also try the Goto Func change (Ctrl+J)  which now checks for Variable or Other string and will try to find the first "$variable =" definition in the current file or included files.

testing CTRL+J while being focused on variable in line 1255 

image.png.da08393383602028816ae0e4a6ecc026.png

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
5 minutes ago, mLipok said:

EDIT: is this log intentionall ?

which part? you mean this:

(v Volume in drive C is OS
 Volume Serial Number is 9850-8576

Directory of C:\AutoItPortable\App\SciTEv5\Lua

08.03.2023  14:12           110ÿ294 AutoItDynamicIncludes.lua
               1 File(s)        110ÿ294 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  129ÿ234ÿ165ÿ760 bytes free
)

Don't think that should be there....  so what did you do this time to screw it up? ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
9 minutes ago, mLipok said:

testing CTRL+J while being focused on variable in line 1255 

That is correct because I told you it works differently:

.. as that to me tells you something about the variable. My assumption is that one wants to know which value it is set to in general. 
I understand that Global $XYZ defines the variable but really doesn't tell you what its content is supposed to be.
It obviously also doesn't take scope into account like a Local $XYZ defines in multiple places in the same script.  Not planning to make this something complex like VSC and cover all possibilities. 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

12 minutes ago, Jos said:

Don't think that should be there....  so what did you do this time to screw it up? ;) 

Nothing bad, truly.
I was just testing if this following issue still exist or was fixed.

image.png

When I hit ENTER it put all this log to the SciTE console and also script was suplemented by adding this:

#Region ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***
#include <wd_core.au3>                                       ; added:03/08/23 14:12:39
#EndRegion ; *** Dynamically added Include files ***

at the top of the script.

EDIT:

image.png.f041ae2f8c971ea3bb30089aeeb3bd32.png

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Should I send you via email  a link to ZIP with my complete testing ENV ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

This must be an issue in the function Common:GetScriptName_DateTime() in common.lua...   
Please add that print(curfiledate) line in your version and perform the task again, then save the result from the Console into a file so I have the returned (exact) string and can play with the regex on the next line which seems to fail suddenly in your case:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Get Calling Script Name and Filedate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function Common:GetScriptName_DateTime()
    local curfilename = function()
      local str = debug.getinfo(2, "S").source:sub(2)
      return str:match("^.*/(.*).lua$") or str
    end
    ScriptName = curfilename()
    if debug.getinfo(2) and debug.getinfo(2).source then
        ScriptName = (debug.getinfo(2).source:match("^@-([^@]*)$") or debug.getinfo(2)) or ScriptName
    end
    curfiledate=self:perform_oscommand('dir "'..ScriptName..'"')
    print(curfiledate)
    curfiledate = curfiledate:gsub(".*(%d+)[-/](%d+)[-/](%d+)%s+(%d+):(%d+).*","%3%2%1 %4%5")
    return ScriptName:match("%w*%.[lL][uU][aA]"), curfiledate
end

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs
  • Jos locked, unlocked and pinned this topic