BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

• Developers

Uploaded updated ZIP file:

2023-03-14 20:00

• Merged SciTE Release 5.3.5 with the SciTE4AutoIt3 sources
  • Also show constant includes in #include<... dropdown.
  • Fixed issue with portable directory duplicates due to improper case checking
  • Fixed REGEX getting all possible *.au3 files when Dir returns a Timestamp in format hh:mm AM/PM

Edited by Jos
removed link in quote

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

More updates made to the ZIP (link in first post )

2023-03-15 14:00

• Updated SciTE with a fix for a bug found making internal AutoComplete always case sensitive. Reported to Neil.
  • Reformatted code with VSCode format 
  • Fix selecting too many Includes when chars are typed which are part of the au3 file-extension  
  • Fix for supporting include filenames containing - character in the dropdown

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos I just notice that typing this second line

@ScriptLineNumber
@scriptlin

code does not shows me any hint because I used lower case instead proper case.
As far as I remember it didn't work like that.

Did I miss something ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

In both files I have: autocomplete.au3.ignorecase=1

btw.

_arraydele

works fine

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Oops. My oversight. Recent update fixes this issue.

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE5-with-DynamicFunctions/SciTE_changes_Dynamic_Includes.zip

On 3/15/2023 at 3:06 PM, Jos said:

2023-03-15 14:00

• Updated SciTE with a fix for a bug found making internal AutoComplete always case sensitive. Reported to Neil.
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Yep, this was a bug in the latest base SciTE code which was fixed after reporting it. :) 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded an updated ZIP file which contains a fix for UDF AutoComplete selection not working correctly when the typed word started with underscore.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Uploaded an updated ZIP file with these changes:

• Restored/incorporated the proper.case functionality again into the new autocomplete functions.
    It will now "proper.case" any known Function/UDF/Keyword/Macro/Directive.
  • Macro's will now also be shown in the AutoComplete dropdown box

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Added the Beta SciTE4AutoIt3 installer and portable Zip file which will be the next production version when there are no further issues.
Please give them a try when you want and report issues. 
There is also an fix for a reported issue with proper.case also changing text in Comment-blocks and other styles where it shouldn't be doing that.

This is the History for this version, which sort of covers the major changes since 16-03-2021:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-4-2023
*** Merged the SciTE v 5.3.5 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)
   - There Are many changes since the previous version published, so check the changelog available for details.
   - Installer will now also set SCITEUSER_HOME and copy localappdata files for installs ran by a different Admin account.

*** Updated SciTE/Lua/ v21.316.1639.0.0 (Jos)
    Implemented Dynamic AutoComplete and Auto-Add required #include<>; lines at the top of your script while typing.
    This is a major overhaul of the internal way SciTE4AutoIt3 works,
    so I encurage you to read up on how things work in the supplied helpfile page and forum thread.

*** Updated Au3Stripper v23.402.1150.0 (Jos)
   - v21.316.1639.1  Fixed: Skip merging Directive lines ending with continuation character (9/04/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.2  Fixed: Directive should have name #Au3Stripper_Ignore_Errors_in_Funcs (the s at the end was missing) (17/03/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.1  Changed: Iteration console messages from - (Warning) to --- (Brown) color (22/09/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.2  Added option /leavemastercomments" or "/lmc" to leave comments in Master script for /mergeonly or /mo (13/02/2023)

*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v23.402.1150.0 (Jos)
   - v21.316.1639.1  Fixed: running the "#autoIt3Wrapper_run_after" defined programs twice in some occasions. (23/03/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.2  Added: SciTE console message from Watcher when AutoIt3Wrapper was terminated. (14/04/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.3  Fixed: UTF16 files and au3check (21/05/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.4  Changed: hotkeyset console messages in case of failure. (28/05/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.5  Added: small Sleep() to fix race condition with shoing ConsoleWrite output with Elevated scripts. (23/08/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.6  Fixed: getting error for missing include when in commentblock (13/10/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.7  Fixed: restoring bookmarks when compiling and running au3stripper. (16/11/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.8  give other warning when fileversion directive isn't found (16/11/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.9  Fix #RequireAdmin detection when containing inline comment. (11/03/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.10 Minor formating change on "XXXX ended. rc:xx" lines (25/05/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.11 Renamed Func Debug() to ShowDebug() (6/06/2022)
   -                 Added: Directive #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Includes replacing #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants 
                            It will add all required standard includes for the script. (15/06/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.5  Use previous found AutoIt3 directory in _Get_Include_Paths (16/06/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.6  Renamed all UDFs in script to contain _ prefix. (16/06/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.6  Few more changes (16/06/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.8  Made Compile the default button in "Compile with Options" (28/09/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.13 Fixes for RES_Field1&2 directive avaoiding duplication (4/10/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.15 Added the AU3Check -w 7 description to the GUI (11/01/2023)
   - v21.316.1639.16 Added directive #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Master to run another Master script on F5/Run (18/02/2023)

*** Updated Tidy v23.402.1150.0 (Jos)
   - v21.316.1639.1  Fixed: hardcrash reading the new au3.api definition. (23/03/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.2  Fixed: hardcrash for one line input script (30/03/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.3  Fixed: hardcrash when option properconstants=1 is enabled (30/03/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.4  Fixed: hardcrash on a long inputline without spaces. (8/04/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.5  Fixed: Directive line ending with Underscore: space was added (9/04/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.6  Fixed: Removed Debug output for $FUNTION giving too much output (6/07/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.7  Fixed: Always show errors when encoutered. (30/07/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.8  Fixed: Don't tidy comments on an #include line (10/09/2021)
   - v21.316.1639.9  Fixed: Add space at the end of a literal string when missing. (29/09/2021)
   -                 Fixed: /rel parameter conflict (1/03/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.10 Fixed: Proper varaiable didn't work for Array variables. (1/03/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.11 Updated: TAB logic and decommisioned TABSIZE option from ini. TABCHAR now solely needs to be used. (9/03/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.12 Fixed: #preprosessor line with in the text  FUNC() was not skippes causing an error. (23/03/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.13 Fixed: Don't add an Indent in a commentblock for empty lines. (23/04/2022)
   - v21.316.1639.14 Fixed: Avoid Tidying the string between <> in "#include <>" (24/04/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.1  Fixed: Show tided scriptline in the generated Doc file in stead of input (9/10/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.1  Fixed: Check for line were Variable is declare now working again in documentation (9/10/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.1  Fixed: more docs generation issues fixed (10/10/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.5  Fixes for CommentBlocks and Indenting (4/11/2022)
   - v22.611.2153.6  Removed extra space on continuation lines (16/11/2022)

*** Updated Abbreviations (mLipok)
    - Updated au3abbrev.properties and helpfile page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, Jos said:

Added the Beta SciTE4AutoIt3 installer and portable Zip file which will be the next production version when there are no further issues.
There is also an fix for a reported issue with proper.case also changing text in Comment-blocks and other styles where it shouldn't be doing that.

Does this version not support locale.properties files?

• Developers
1 hour ago, wyf said:

Does this version not support locale.properties files?

Just tried and that works fine here when I override one of the colors of the lexer. What is it that doesn't work for you?
PS: I do assume you mean SciTE.properties in the same directory as the file you work on.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hey @Jos how is called the new feature which shows the changed content which I'm typing.

image.png.3955ecdfd927d68a056159149ff6d4ad.png

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Jos said:

Just tried and that works fine here when I override one of the colors of the lexer. What is it that doesn't work for you?
PS: I do assume you mean SciTE.properties in the same directory as the file you work on.

I'm sorry! It was my mistake!

• Developers
10 hours ago, mLipok said:

Hey @Jos how is called the new feature which shows the changed content which I'm typing.

image.png.3955ecdfd927d68a056159149ff6d4ad.png

Change history. These are the settings: 

change.history
marker.reverted.to.origin
marker.saved
marker.modified
marker.reverted.to.modified
indicator.reverted.to.origin.insertion
indicator.reverted.to.origin.deletion
indicator.saved.insertion
indicator.saved.deletion
indicator.modified.insertion
indicator.modified.deletion
indicator.reverted.to.modified.insertion
indicator.reverted.to.modified.deletion
The change.history property controls whether changes to the document (insertions, deletions, saved chanes, ...) are shown as margin markers or indicators within text.
It is a set of bit flags (1=enable, 2=margin markers, 4=indicators in text) so the most likely settings are 0=disabled; 3=enabled with margin marks, or 7=enabled with margin markers and in-text indicators.
There is a default set of visuals for this feature but they may be altered with the marker.* and indicator.* properties.
As change history can only be enabled when the file is in its original state, this property only takes effect when a file is loaded.

which I have defaulted to these in SciTEGlobal.properties:

change.history=7
indicator.saved.insertion=style:Hidden
indicator.saved.deletion=style:Hidden
#~ change.history=3
#~ indicator.reverted.to.origin.insertion=style:squiggle,colour:#40A0BF
#~ indicator.reverted.to.origin.deletion=style:point,colour:#40A0BF
#~ indicator.saved.insertion=style:squiggle,colour:#60A060
#~ indicator.saved.deletion=style:point,colour:#00A000
#~ indicator.modified.insertion=style:squiggle,colour:#A0A060
#~ indicator.modified.deletion=style:point,colour:#A0A000
#~ indicator.reverted.to.modified.insertion=style:squiggle,colour:#FF8000
#~ indicator.reverted.to.modified.deletion=style:point,colour:#FF8000
#~ marker.reverted.to.origin=style:leftrect,fore:#40A0BF,back:#40A0BF
#~ marker.saved=style:leftrect,fore:#00A000,back:#00A000
#~ marker.modified=style:leftrect,fore:#A0A000,back:#A0A000
#~ marker.reverted.to.modified=style:leftrect,fore:#FF8000,back:#FF8000

I noticed that the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile didn't contain the latest SciTE Docs so updated that in the Installer & Zip file. Version remained the same.
Also changed default change.history from 5 to 7 to also show the change markers at the left side, right from the linenumbers.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

20 hours ago, Jos said:

Thanks.

I've tested to beta installer and am happy to report that no issues were encountered. Thanks for the continued support, Jos.

• Developers

Check out the au3.properties for the used settings and copy this one to your sciteuser.properties and change the settings:

#CurrentFile UDF's
style.au3.17=$(style.au3.16),underlined

.. or simply use SciTEConfig to update your preferences! ;) 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Does anyone know whether there is any benefit to work with the x64 version of SciTE compared with the current x86 I distribute?
Speed maybe? if so: How much & is it worth the effort involved to distribute both the x86 & x64 version?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.