Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable

by the way, nice imporvements, congratulations :P

I get this Error when I use Copy from clipboard from the Csnippet menu:

Line 0 (File "C:\Archivos de programa\AutoIt3\SciTe\cSnippet.exe"):

If @error = 0 Then $tmp_cat = $Selected[0]

If @error = 0 Then $tmp_cat = $Selected^ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable

by the way, nice imporvements, congratulations :P

did you replace it with the latest version?

I corrected that problem with 1.0.5.3, version is now 1.0.5.4

Version that last came with scite is 1.0.5.2 had that bug.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Thaks Gary

and I'm sorry I unzipped the new version in another directory inside sCite directory

It works fine now

Np, done that myself before.

Glad It's working for you now...

Hopefully this version will be with the next scite update.

Enjoy

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

v 1.0.5.5

Fixed bug with switching between ListView and TreeView, depending on where SciTE is installed would get errors switching

See 1st Post for attachment

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

Googeling for a scite snippet tool I got reminded I already got one installed as a Scite4autoit user. :">

Quikly made it work for the file type I'm currently working with. (phython)

... One problem, cSnippit insist on (icon)labeling my code as Autoit Code. :whistle:

Nice work.

Just update the code ... simple toch ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary,

Thank for the great program, I use it all the time.

I have one slight problem. Is there any way to temporarily disable the "New Clip Text" function besides closing out of the snippet program? I'm a newb and might be doing something wrong but it seems to interrupt my workflow quite a bit. I've never been much of a "hot-keyer" so I made a couple buttons to either insert the snippet or close the dialoque window, but even that is a distraction. I tried to look for that feature in the .au3 file and it didn't take long for me to realize I was in way over my head.

Thanks for any help. I'll still use it either way.

Hi Gary,

Thank for the great program, I use it all the time.

I have one slight problem. Is there any way to temporarily disable the "New Clip Text" function besides closing out of the snippet program? I'm a newb and might be doing something wrong but it seems to interrupt my workflow quite a bit. I've never been much of a "hot-keyer" so I made a couple buttons to either insert the snippet or close the dialoque window, but even that is a distraction. I tried to look for that feature in the .au3 file and it didn't take long for me to realize I was in way over my head.

Thanks for any help. I'll still use it either way.

I guess I could add a 'Show "New Clip Text'" option to the configuration

For now look at the function OnClipBoardChange in the CommCtrl.au3 you'll see where the ToolTip is created.

Gary

I guess I could add a 'Show "New Clip Text'" option to the configuration

For now look at the function OnClipBoardChange in the CommCtrl.au3 you'll see where the ToolTip is created.

Gary

Thanks Gary, that worked perfect. I'll try to explain where I was coming from a little better.

First of all, I'm part of a dying breed of hillbillies who prefer using the mouse as opposed to hotkeys. I avoid them like the plague, and most of my aut.exe's are 200k wasted on complicated and highly complex scripts e.g. "Send("#r"). When working in another app such as Flash with the holder open, copying a chunk of Actionscript would prompt the tooltip to appear and cover my Flash menus. With no clickable close option I would have to take my eyes off of the monitor long enough to make sure my un-trained fingers were sitting where they needed to be to close the window. I'm sure most people wouldn't have my problem so don't go slapping your app around over it.

Also, I don't know how you could idiot-proof the delete feature more than it already is, but somehow I've managed to nuke entire folders on accident three different times. I think the problem is that sometimes when I right-click an item it doesn't actually select it and the focus remains on a seperate folder or snippet somewhere down the line. Usually it's not until the damage is done when I realize that the prompt said "Are you sure you want to delete Giant Snippet Folder?". :D:D:)

BTW, any chance of getting a sample of one of your non-secure common-knowledge snippet folders? I'd like to get some tips on categorizing them.

Thanks again, I use cSnippet all the live long day.

Edited by Dolemite50

• 1 month later...

Bugs/comments/suggestions are welcome

This tool is already included with SciTE.

In the SciTE folder is a folder called cSnippet.

Gary

I really like this tool. However, the "New Clip Text" balloon stays up ALL the time. In the image, you see it up in front of the Forum. If it is a bug I hope you can fix it soon, what I'd really like is an option in Config to toggle it on or OFF.

I'm using XP Pro SP2. I downloaded AutoIt and Scite fresh just after the last AutoIt Release.

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

I really like this tool. However, the "New Clip Text" balloon stays up ALL the time. In the image, you see it up in front of the Forum. If it is a bug I hope you can fix it soon, what I'd really like is an option in Config to toggle it on or OFF.

I'm using XP Pro SP2. I downloaded AutoIt and Scite fresh just after the last AutoIt Release.

Updated: Configuration option to show/hide tool tip.

Hi Gary,

I found what happened to my lost Snippets, and it appears to be a bug. I'm only pointing this out to help make it even better.

If I have a category for "snipsA" and then rename it to "snipsB", sometimes instead of renaming the category folder in the Snippets directory it will just create a new one. When that happens the snippets all show as blank in the "snipsB" list because the ini points there but the xml files remain in the "snipsA" folder. I'm not 100% sure on when that happens but it's either in renaming a category, creating a new category and moving a snip to it, or possibly editing a snippet and creating a new category on the fly. It's nothing painful because you just have to manually move the files over but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Thanks again.

• Moderators

I had my own #include file before with ALOT of misc functions/udfs I had written over the year+... but this is so nice and tidy.

I break them up into specific categories for easy sifting.

• Array.Funcs
  • Date.Funcs
  • EnCode.Funcs
  • EnCryption.Funcs
  • File.Funcs
  • Key.Funcs
  • Misc.Funcs
  • Net.Funcs
  • Pixel.Funcs
  • String.Funcs
  • Run.Funcs
  • Win.Funcs
It's nice just to click on one of those and pull out what I need quickly... It's gone from a nice feature to a necessity quite quickly!

Thanks Gary!!

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

@gafrost

Hi,

I have a little request (if it possible):

I am Italian and when I want to edit the snippet code the keyboard is set to US (I think) so some keys result modified.

Is it possible insert in the config the possibility to set the keyboard language.

Thanks in advance.

ps: really good work, it is really useful.

Hi Gary- The other morning I woke up with this clear-as-crystal idea for managing code fragments in AutoIT. It was to work a lot like favorites, but actually more like a WinExplorer window where you could drag/drop, move fragments from place to place, etc. Just for yuks I did a search on this forum first (good idea!), and found CodeSnippets. Wonderful product! I'm adding stuff like crazy already! Now, I need to move some fragments that I mis-filed. It would be great to add a right click context menu on any fragment that would allow you to see the menu structure in a small window (like Outlook Move function), and move the fragment to its new home. Another way would be to simply drag and drop the fragment from current folder to new one. Probably 4 weeks of work involved, but just an idea you've probably already pondered! Anyway, it is a great time saver and I love it just the way it is! jefhal

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format