Code Snippet

GaryFrost

Hi Gary,

I tried to recreate the error so I could tell you exactly what happened. It looks like it was just a matter of changing a category name. When I do, all snips stay in original folder and therefore snips are empty in the holder. If I rename it back to original then they once again appear.

HTH

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody.

There is still the problem whith then ballon tips.

May I sugest a correction :

CODE
520 Case WinExists("Alt+Shift+c 'copy into Snippet Holder'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+t 'close this tip window'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+r 'Run'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+b 'beta Run'") = 1

521 If Not $Clip_Timer Then $Clip_Timer = TimerInit()

522 If TimerDiff($Clip_Timer) > 10000 Then

523 ToolTip("")

524 $Clip_Timer = 0

525 EndIf

1045 Case WinExists("Alt+Shift+c 'copy into Snippet Holder'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+t 'close this tip window'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+r 'Run'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+b 'beta Run'") = 1

1046 If Not $Clip_Timer Then $Clip_Timer = TimerInit()

1047 If TimerDiff($Clip_Timer) > 10000 Then

1048 ToolTip("")

1049 $Clip_Timer = 0

1050 EndIf

Or perhaps it will be more interesting to make a function like this :

CODE

Func Ctime($Ctime)

If Not $Clip_Timer Then $Clip_Timer = TimerInit()

If TimerDiff($Clip_Timer) > $Ctime Then

ToolTip("")

$Clip_Timer = 0

EndIf

EndIf

EndFunc

Like this, it will be more easy to make Clip Timer change :whistle:

CODE
Case WinExists("Alt+Shift+c 'copy into Snippet Holder'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+t 'close this tip window'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+r 'Run'" & @LF & "Alt+Shift+b 'beta Run'") = 1

Ctime(10000)

Hope that I not wrong for my 1st post :P

Sorry for my bad English

Best regards

Thierry

Edited by Tlem

Best Regards.Thierry

Sorry, I just forgot to explain why there's still the problem.

If you make the CTRL + C sequence when the time second is more than 51 seconds,

in the original code you have :

CODE
If Not $Clip_Timer Then $Clip_Timer = @SEC

If @SEC > $Clip_Timer + 10 Then ...

So if @SEC is 55 for example, you have $Clip_Timer + 10 = 65 !!!

How @SEC can be greater than 65 .... Never.

---

Best regards.

Thierry

Best Regards.Thierry

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

I still have not found the download. Can someone add a link to the latest update?

Thanks

Jim

Its on the first post in this thread....big red letters .... that brings you to a Page that has a download button on it.

It also comes with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

:whistle:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Its on the first post in this thread....big red letters .... that brings you to a Page that has a download button on it.

It also comes with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

:whistle:

Haha.. Duhhhh, I had already installed SciTE4AutoIt3 when I found out about autoit. This is the coolest application dev software I have seen yet. Glad I finally happened onto it.

Thanks everyone and please excuse my lame questions, maybe oneday I will be able to answer some for someone. LOL

Jim

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for great Software!!

Strange thing happens - CSnippet has black Background in Tree View despite of settings in Snippets.ini and in 'Select Tree View Colors'

My os is XpSp2 Russian Enterprise Edition (on Win2k3 Server Russian Enterprise Edition i've explored this too)

I used and compiled CSnippet.au3 instead of downloaded CSnippet.exe because of two reasons:

1. Decompiled from CSnippet.exe au3-script causes errors in dll call

2. I don't like to see 'Edit Snippet' window on selected snippet Double click

I use _SendToSciTE() instead of Func TreeView_DoubleClick()

Edited by Leony

Thanks a lot for great Software!!

Strange thing happens - CSnippet has black Background in Tree View despite of settings in Snippets.ini and in 'Select Tree View Colors'

My os is XpSp2 Russian Enterprise Edition (on Win2k3 Server Russian Enterprise Edition i've explored this too)

I used and compiled CSnippet.au3 instead of downloaded CSnippet.exe because of two reasons:

1. Decompiled from CSnippet.exe au3-script causes errors in dll call

2. I don't like to see 'Edit Snippet' window on selected snippet Double click

I use _SendToSciTE() instead of Func TreeView_DoubleClick()

Does the orignial script change the color(s) as is expected?

If so then something you changed is affecting this.

The compiled version works fine for changing the color.

Also I open cSnippet.au3 in SciTE and Run it and select different color also works as it is suppose to.

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Does the orignial script change the color(s) as is expected?

If so then something you changed is affecting this.

The compiled version works fine for changing the color.

Also I open cSnippet.au3 in SciTE and Run it and select different color also works as it is suppose to.

Wow! I've compiled/decompiled scripts via Aut2Exe.exe and Exe2Aut.exe before and ve got the errors.

Now I'm runing the script and compiling it via Scite and everything works excellently!!!

Let God bless you!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i think Code Snippet i a great tool. But i dont use it that much. Sometimes it's faster to load an older script of mine and copy/paste the relevant code out of it and change it to what i want. In the result you dont really have a advantage if you insert the code from Code Snippet. You have to edit it anyway plus you first have to create the snippet.

A great help of workflow would be if you could create text with variables like:

$%%Variable1%% = GUICtrlCreateButton(" Button ", 280, 8,)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent ( $%%Variable1%%, "%%Variable1%%" )

Func %%Variable1%%()

EndFunc

then write and select a text in Scite, e.g. "info" then doubleclick on the snippet to replace the marked "Info" with:

$Info = GUICtrlCreateButton(" Button ", 280, 8,)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent ( $Info, "Info" )

Func Info()

EndFunc

Additionally if you have more than one Variable of the same name, you could be promted on insert for those variables.

Or just click on the variables to quickfill them.

And to top the whole thing: Add a Recent Clipboard Entry List, where you can Drag and drop entrys direct over a variable to insert it.

Or even drag and drop selected text from Scite to the Code snippet window.

Hey those are just ideas for what could be. To me every one of them would be a real work enhancer.

Now I am using ClipCache and the AutoComplete and Help of Scite to write my code. But its still so much Copy/paste/edit work for almost the same repeative code lines i use every day.

Dont get me wrong, if i could i would add those features to Code Snippet myself. But im not really a good programmer and its hard to think inside a code that another one have written. Beside i've been searching a long time for a code/text/clipboard tool that can handle Variables which are embedded in the Code.

So far i found Snippet! and Multi Block Storage

Snippet is quite that what i thought of, but it could have more features like above, and you have to pay £10.99 (16) for it.

Multi Block Storage is an older program which only can have one varable.

I think if you add some of the ideas i wrote you can easily earn money with Code Snippet. Modify it to work not only with Scite and you have a tool that is worth much more than Snippet! and have better features. How about it? :whistle:

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

• 8 months later...

Hi Gary,

CodeSnippet is really good.

I would play a little bit with the code but i missed the sendmessage.au3 ...

Can you share it for us?

Thx

Dizzy

3.2.11.0 and above

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to use Snippet Holder from SciTE editor (ctrl-alt-s) but infortunately, I only get a popup (msgbox) saying:

--------------------------------

Error

_GUIImageList_AddIcon: -1

I was used to run it on my previous PC (XP Pro), but I'm now using Vista SP1 with AutoIT 3.2.12.1

Could it be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help, I miss this nice tool.

Best Regards

EDIT:

Finally, I doubt Vista is the problem...

I installed AutoIT and Scite in a VMWare image, running XP Pro, and I still have the same problem.

Edited by zerobazar

Hi,

I'm trying to use Snippet Holder from SciTE editor (ctrl-alt-s) but infortunately, I only get a popup (msgbox) saying:

Error

_GUIImageList_AddIcon: -1

I was used to run it on my previous PC (XP Pro), but I'm now using Vista SP1 with AutoIT 3.2.12.1

Could it be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help, I miss this nice tool.

Best Regards

EDIT:

Finally, I doubt Vista is the problem...

I installed AutoIT and Scite in a VMWare image, running XP Pro, and I still have the same problem.

Same here... _GUIImageList_AddIcon: -1

• Moderators

Guys, this will happen if you don't have the ComCtl32 dll in your system directory or in the same directory that your script is being run from. It will also happen if you your icon doesn't exist from where you're calling it from.

Edit:

I was just working with GDIPlus dll so I had that on my mind.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks SmOke_N for the hints.

I've checked on my system and comctl32.dll is sitting in c:\windows\system32 as it should (I guess).

Regarding the icons, I've had a look inside cSnippet.au3, most (all?) icons are taken from shell32.dll (which is also properly sitting in c:\windows\system32 on my system).

Based on your remarks, to check and proove that comctl32.ddl is properly set on my system, I did try to run the example given in AutoIT Help file for _GUIImageList_AddIcon function, and it works perfectly.

So, there must be something else but I have no clue why cSnippet is not working as it should...

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Is there any way to recreate the snippets.ini file? I managed to lose my old ini file and now my snippets folder is all dressed up with nowhere to go. The snippets exist but none of them are referenced in the ini. I thought "Choose Snippet Folder" might do the trick but it doesn't seem to do anything on my system. What does it actually do? Any help?

Thanks, it's an excellent utility.

Hi,

Is there any way to recreate the snippets.ini file? I managed to lose my old ini file and now my snippets folder is all dressed up with nowhere to go. The snippets exist but none of them are referenced in the ini. I thought "Choose Snippet Folder" might do the trick but it doesn't seem to do anything on my system. What does it actually do? Any help?

Thanks, it's an excellent utility.

File/Import <- au3