Hidden or Silent Automation - (Moved)

Hello friends! I started using AutoIt not long ago. I recently developed a script that installs all the necessary programs after formatting the computer. The Script simulates mouse clicks on the "next" and "finish" buttons. However, I need your help. I want all the script automation to happen in a hidden way. Example: I want programs to install silently. I want to see only the icon of the script running and at the end I want the message that the script is finished. Follow and example below:

image.png.89f18c66263f02113845dce697d0f007.png

• Moderators

JesimomJR,

Do NOT create a new topic - all we have done is move your thread to the correct section.

But please remember this is not a 24/7 support forum - those who answer are only here because they like helping others and have some time to spare.  You just have to wait until someone who knows something about your particular problem, and is willing to help, comes online.  Be patient and someone will answer eventually.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Just now, Melba23 said:

Jesimom JR,

NÃO crie um novo tópico - tudo o que fizemos foi mover seu tópico para a seção correta.

Mas lembre-se que este não é um fórum de suporte 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por semana - aqueles que respondem estão aqui apenas porque gostam de ajudar os outros e têm algum tempo de sobra. Você só precisa esperar até que alguém que saiba algo sobre seu problema específico e esteja disposto a ajudar fique online. Seja paciente e alguém responderá eventualmente.

M23

Thanks, I'll keep waiting for help!

3 hours ago, JesimomJR said:

I recently developed a script that installs all the necessary programs after formatting the computer. The Script simulates mouse clicks on the "next" and "finish" buttons. However, I need your help. I want all the script automation to happen in a hidden way. Example: I want programs to install silently.

Your question is unfortunately not easy to answer (which programs do you consider as necessary? ).

Many programs offer a silent installation (Keywords : Quiet or Silent mode, /q , /s , -q, -s etc.). The desired settings are passed via command line parameters. The amount and complexity of these parameters depends on the respective software.

Example : WinRAR (from : https://documentation.help/WinRAR/HELPHints.htm )

Spoiler

How to install WinRAR in silent mode

If you need to install WinRAR to a large number of computers, it may be boring to answer to setup questions again and again. In such case you may run WinRAR installation with switch -s to skip all questions and use default settings.

In general, this approach (if offered) is preferable compared to the automation of a Setup-GUI via Send commands.

Sending ENTER commands only works, if the GUI offers simple pre-selected OK/YES/CONFIRM buttons.

In more sophisticated Setups, checkboxes have to be set, options have to be selected, and possibly even user data have to be entered. Last but not least, some Setups may expect a reboot of the computer.

As you can see, there are a variety of scenarios where the "Send ENTER approach" most likely cannot be implemented in a practical way.

First of all I would make a list of the really important programs and check, which ones provide a SILENT option. Afterwards I would collect the syntax of the command line parameters for the respective programs.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Hello,

To achieve completely silent installs, you should use silent switches, as Musashi said. The silent switch for WinRAR is "/S" (I think this one needs to be capitalized). The code for your example should be:

Run("C:\INSTALADORES\winrar-x64-611br.exe /S")

My signature has a link to a project I created called Software Installer. Even if you do not use my program to install software, you can use it to help determine what the silent switch might be. Also, there is  a program called Universal Silent Switch Finder that might also be useful. 

12 hours ago, Musashi said:

Infelizmente sua pergunta não é fácil de responder ( quais programas você considera necessários ? ).

Muitos programas oferecem uma instalação silenciosa ( Palavras-chave : Modo silencioso ou silencioso, /q , /s , -q, -s etc. ). As configurações desejadas são passadas por meio de parâmetros de linha de comando. A quantidade e complexidade desses parâmetros depende do respectivo software.

Exemplo: WinRAR (de: https://documentation.help/WinRAR/HELPhints.htm )

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

Como instalar o WinRAR no modo silencioso

Se você precisar instalar o WinRAR em um grande número de computadores, pode ser chato responder às perguntas de configuração repetidas vezes. Nesse caso, você pode executar a instalação do WinRAR com o switch -s para pular todas as perguntas e usar as configurações padrão.

Em geral, essa abordagem (se oferecida) é preferível em comparação com a automação de um Setup-GUI por meio de comandos Send .

O envio de comandos ENTER só funciona se a GUI oferecer botões OK/YES/CONFIRM simples pré-selecionados.

Em configurações mais sofisticadas, as caixas de seleção devem ser definidas, as opções devem ser selecionadas e, possivelmente, até mesmo os dados do usuário devem ser inseridos. Por último, mas não menos importante, algumas configurações podem esperar uma reinicialização do computador.

Como você pode ver, há uma variedade de cenários em que a abordagem "Enviar ENTER " provavelmente não pode ser implementada de maneira prática.

Antes de tudo, eu faria uma lista dos programas realmente importantes e verificaria quais oferecem uma opção SILENCIOSA. Depois eu coletaria a sintaxe dos parâmetros da linha de comando para os respectivos programas.

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your question, all programs that are part of the script are really necessary. Installing winrar was just an example of how automation works. To switch between installation screens, I substituted Send("{ENTER}") to Send("!n") or other button that is responsible for advancing the screen. My question is whether there is any command in AutoIt, capable of completely hiding the installation and showing only on the tray, a balloon informing which program is being installed.

10 hours ago, abberration said:

Hello,

To achieve completely silent installs, you should use silent switches, as Musashi said. The silent switch for WinRAR is "/S" (I think this one needs to be capitalized). The code for your example should be:

Run("C:\INSTALADORES\winrar-x64-611br.exe /S")

My signature has a link to a project I created called Software Installer. Even if you do not use my program to install software, you can use it to help determine what the silent switch might be. Also, there is  a program called Universal Silent Switch Finder that might also be useful. 

Thanks for your response. Does the "/S" parameter work for all installation types? I tested it with winrar and it worked. Can I use it with other programs?

• Developers
1 hour ago, JesimomJR said:

Does the "/S" parameter work for all installation types?

Is your search broken on your computer? 

... and please do not quote full posts constantly (and no translated text) ...  Thanks ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

2 hours ago, Jos said:

não cite posts completos constantemente (e nenhum texto traduzido) ... Obrigado;) 

Sorry, I'm new here on the forum. I'm from Brazil, and I'm using Google Translate to help me. I'm still understanding how things work. I couldn't do the other installations using the "/S" parameter. This only worked with WinRAR. Can someone help me to install the other programs silently, without showing any windows?

3 hours ago, JesimomJR said:

Does the "/S" parameter work for all installation types?

No !

/S is a common parameter for silent installations, but there are others as well. It depends, as I wrote before, on the particular software. Search with Google e.g. for : [name of the software] "Silent installation" or "unattended installation".

You should also take a look at the nice project from @abberration (see his post above). There you will find e.g. details for popular programs (in the file installer.db).

A very simple example :

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

; ==> just a very simple simulation :)
Global $sSoftwareName
Global $sSoftwareParams  ; string with the required parameters
Global $sErrorLog = ""

; Install Program 1 :
; -------------------
$sSoftwareName   = "Setup1.exe"
$sSoftwareParams = " /S"
ToolTip("Install " & $sSoftwareName, 0, 0, "My Installer", $TIP_INFOICON)
Sleep(3000) ; *** give tooltip time to display in this simulation
; => Run ...
If @error Then
    ToolTip("Error installing " & $sSoftwareName, 0, 0, "My Installer", $TIP_ERRORICON)
    $sErrorLog &= "Error installing " & $sSoftwareName & @CRLF
    Sleep(3000)
Else
    ToolTip("Installation successfull : " & $sSoftwareName, 0, 0, "My Installer", $TIP_INFOICON)
    Sleep(3000)
EndIf

; Install Program 2 :
; -------------------
$sSoftwareName   = "Setup2.exe"
$sSoftwareParams = " /S"
; => Run ...
If @error Then
    ToolTip("Error installing " & $sSoftwareName, 0, 0, "My Installer", $TIP_ERRORICON)
    Sleep(3000)
Else
    ToolTip("Installation successfull : " & $sSoftwareName, 0, 0, "My Installer", $TIP_INFOICON)
    Sleep(3000)
EndIf

; [...]

ConsoleWrite($sErrorLog & @CRLF)

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

8 minutes ago, JesimomJR said:

Can someone help me to install the other programs silently, without showing any windows?

Our last posts overlapped ;). Regarding the parameters, see my last post.

Use Run with the show_flag @SW_HIDE.

Just out of curiosity : Why does it bother you when a setup shows e.g. a progress bar (some setups do this in unattended mode). As long as no actions by the user are required, something like this is rather helpful after all.

Musashi-C64.png

• Developers
35 minutes ago, JesimomJR said:

and I'm using Google Translate to help me.

.. and that is fine, but do not put the translated Portuguese text in a quote in your answer! just leave that out! ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Musashi said:

expandcollapsepopup

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

; ==> just a very simple simulation :)
Global $sSoftwareName
Global $sSoftwareParams  ; string with the required parameters
Global $sErrorLog = ""

; Install Program 1 :
; -------------------
$sSoftwareName   = "Setup1.exe"
$sSoftwareParams = " /S"
; => Run ...
If @error Then
    Sleep(3000)
Else
    Sleep(3000)
EndIf

; Install Program 2 :
; -------------------
$sSoftwareName   = "Setup2.exe"
$sSoftwareParams = " /S"
; => Run ...
If @error Then
    Sleep(3000)
Else
    Sleep(3000)
EndIf

; [...]

ConsoleWrite($sErrorLog & @CRLF)

Thanks for the help, but since I'm very new to AutoIt, this script got a little complex to understand. I'm just looking for something simple where I can hide the window and stealthily install the program by clicking the forward buttons. My script is now ready. I can now install all the programs. I just can't hide them from the screen.

17 minutes ago, JesimomJR said:

My script is now ready. I can now install all the programs. I just can't hide them from the screen.

Could you please post your script, so that we can have a look.

Edit : @JesimomJR

I am a bit surprised that your script installs all programs, while my simple simulation is too complex for you ;).

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

• Developers

@JesimomJR, this will be the last time I ask you nicely NOT to post any NONE ENGLISH text!
... and stop quoting the text when there is no need!
The next time your post will simply be removed.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.