Read Memory Value Issues

I have following situation: I want to read a Memory Value from a process, which doesn't need a pointer (same location after restart of program)

As there are 4 processes running, I check all for the value right now. These processes are hidden and have no visible window (cant say in the beginning which is the correct one).

So, me code:

#SingleInstance force

#RequireAdmin
SetPrivilege("SetDebugPrivilege", 1)

#include <NomadMemory2.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$Address=0x597800F82264

Local $aProcessList = ProcessList("lghub.exe")
For $i = 1 To $aProcessList[0][0]

ConsoleWrite("Prüfe PID " & $aProcessList[$i][1] & @CRLF)
    $process = _MemoryOpen($aProcessList[$i][1])

$value = _MemoryRead($Address , $process )
    _MemoryClose($process)
    ConsoleWrite ( "Value " & $value & @CRLF )

Next

I get following console Output:

Prüfe PID 53384
Value 0
Prüfe PID 19560
Value 0
Prüfe PID 53312
Value 0
Prüfe PID 60736
Value 0

The PID 60739 would be the correct, but showing 0 instead of the correct number.

What do I do wrong?

Printscreen-20220802-015.png

• Moderators

StefanM,

These processes are hidden and have no visible window

And just what are these "processes"? Why do you need to read values from their memory space?

M23

P.S. And just to be absolutely clear - this is the Mod team determining the legality of the thread, so everyone else please keep out.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

<snip>

Note for moderators, LGHUB isn't a game. It's a program for controlling mouse, keyboard and stuff. Stop asking like "why are you trying to read/write process memory" everytime. It's an udf created by popular autoit users. Nothing illegal as you think. Read & write doesn't mean game hacking and/or automating.

Edited by Melba23
Some text removed

• Moderators

Wisok, 

Thank you for your explanation of the OP's intentions, but I would prefer to hear his own version. 

And when the Mod team says "keep out", please respect their wishes in future. 

M23 

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

1 hour ago, Melba23 said:

Wisok, 

Thank you for your explanation of the OP's intentions, but I would prefer to hear his own version. 

And when the Mod team says "keep out", please respect their wishes in future. 

M23 

"please respect their wishes in future." I already respect all the users here including moderators as well. Sometimes moderators becomes kinda annoying don't get me wrong. He clearly isn't doing anything related to game automation. I thought you could understand that at least. I know what he's trying to do, it's not game automation, you're not helping him, maybe let me help and stop deleting helpful comments? Thanks.

• Developers

@Wisok, It seems you like to "push buttons" in a pretty unpleasant way and while at it insult us,  so let me be strait and clear: This was your last post here for the coming 5 days during which period you can consider to either staying away or retuning to our forums and respecting our wishes. 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

G Hub isnt showing anywhere in which "Profile" it is. So you need to open up the programm to see it al the time. I want to read out the memory and make then a tooltip to show which is the active profile right now. I know which value is in this location for each profile.

So I can click the mouse button for chainging the profile and see the active profile without open G Hub. Logic, but not for logitech unfortunatly. They only show the DPI setting. Where all my profiles have the same.

For the rest of the discussion: Dear Mods. Is it not, in case of doupt for the writer? Dont ban people who wants to help. If you see or think womething is illegal, write it. Otherwise let people help. I would rate the moderation as very bad. I dont think that anyone will write here to help and risk a ban anytime soon, as it is already an old topic, maybe none... We will see, but great moderating! This is my opionion.

Edited by StefanM

• Moderators

StefanM,

Looking at G Hub on Google, I see:

Logitech G HUB

Logitech G HUB Software lets you customize Logitech G gaming mice, keyboards, headsets, speakers, and other devices

Reading that gives me, quite legitimately IMO, reason to think that there might be a confliction with the forum rules on gaming threads. So, very politely, I asked for an explanation of just what you were doing so we could make a reasoned decision on whether this was the case. Reading your explanation, I am of the opinion that there is no  conflict and the thread can remain open.

But now we come to the next point. I also asked, again politely, that everyone else stay out of the discussion until the matter had been clarified. But our late unlamented intruder decided to ignore this and not only offered help but also made unnecessary comments about the moderation here - which comments became even more aggressive in various PM exchanges with the Mod team, resulting in his permanent removal from the community.

And now you decide to lay into us as well. Let us deal with your points in order:

"Is it not, in case of doupt for the writer?"  No, it is up to the Mods to decide - when we require clarification we will intervene as I did above.

"Dont ban people who wants to help". We do not - but we might well ban those who egregiously flout our explicit request not to offer help until the matter is cleared.

"If you see or think womething is illegal, write it. Otherwise let people help". What do you think I did in my first intervention above? 

"I would rate the moderation as very bad". Your decision, but as I did exactly what you suggested would be the correct thing to do I feel your comment is illogical in the extreme.

"I dont think that anyone will write here to help and risk a ban anytime soon, as it is already an old topic, maybe none.".. As the thread is now cleared we will soon see - but no-one risks a ban for helping now.

"but great moderating! This is my opionion". Sarcasm is never a very successful form of wit.

But I have wasted enough of this lovely morning on you already. I hope you do get a solution to your problem, but a word of warning: after the comments made above you have used up any flex we are prepared to give you, so please make sure you respect the forum rules form now on.

M23

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...