Trying to copy data from a visual basic form program which reads ID, to paste it into our guest registering program form.

Hi everyone I just joined after I was told my problem can be solved using autohotkey below is the problem description,

So I work in a small hotel and we don't have a way to automatically scan the guest id and check them in as our Hotel PMS system company is from Indonesia and we are in Malaysia so they said the program doesn't have an option to read our Malaysian ID, this caused long ques as the reception staff will be taking time to manually type into the Guest Check IN program like their Name,Address,ID number, DOB etc we got a contract with this company for 5 years so we can't really change the software (It's called VHP VisualHotelProgram by sindata) now we managed to make our own ID card reader in Visual Basic and Microsoft Access that can read our Malaysian ID using a generic smart card reader ( I don't mind sharing the program here if it helps) So my question is how do I program autohotkey to automatically copy the data output from the ID into our VHP program, I've tried basic manually to send some text into the text box of VHP but it's a hit or miss sometimes it fills up all correctly sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it fills up in the wrong text box, would appreciate it if anyone can help me out or point me the right direction on how to make sure it works correctly every time. Below is the code i tried following some Youtube tutorials, but it doesn't really do it correctly always.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

^j::
    Send, Name
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
    Send, Mr
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
    Send, Name
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
    Send, City
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
    Send, Province
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
    Send, Zipcode
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
    Send, State
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Send, {TAB down}{
    Sleep, 500
Return

I've attached some screenshot of the ID reader program and the guest check in program and the output file from the ID reader program 

Output file from ID reader program.PNG

ID reader program.PNG

Guest Check in.PNG

• Developers
4 hours ago, deadboy69 said:

I was told my problem can be solved using autohotkey

Great, so why exactly did you come to AutoIt3 then?
By the way: AutoIt3 it the "mother" of AHK, so pretty sure it will be able to do what you want too. ;)  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)