Version counter

Go to solution Solved by Subz,

Hello everyone,

I want to bring in an Version counter in my Scripts. But I don't konw where to start or if it is even possible.

My Idea is, to raise an Variable every time the script will compiled.

Than I could use it than to bring it to the tray menu or every where I need it. The main two problems I've is to recognice the compalation and to raise the Variable for this script permanetly even when I close the script.

Thank you.

If you are using SciTE4AutoIt3 install from this website there are AutoIt3Wrapper directives that autoincrement the version when compiling with F7. This is what Subz gave as the solution (doing the steps inserts the first autoincrement directive into the script).

It sounds like you also need the second directive to make the script version increment before the compile so that your script always calls the latest version (default is not to do that!).

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=  ;(Y/N/P) AutoIncrement FileVersion. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_First_Increment=;(Y/N) AutoIncrement Y=Before; N=After compile. Default=N

Look in the help for SciTe for all of the directives as they might be handy for you to know about instead of hunting through the menus in SciTe. 😄

#Region AutoIt3Wrapper directives section
;** This is a list of compiler directives used by AutoIt3Wrapper.exe.
;** comment the lines you don't need or else it will override the default settings
;===============================================================================================================
#Autoit3Wrapper_Testing=                        ;(Y/N) Skip Tidy, Au3Stripper and cvsWrapper for speed while testing. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_ShowProgress=                   ;(Y/N) Show ProgressWindow during Compile. Default=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_ShowGui=                        ;(Y/N) Show GUI when F7-Compiling like Ctrl+F7. Default=N
;===============================================================================================================
;** AutoIt3 settings
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=                         ;(Y/N) Use AutoIt3_x64 or Aut2Exe_x64. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=                        ;(B/P) Use Beta or Production for AutoIt3 and Aut2Eex. Default is P
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=                 ;(Y/N) Run Script with console debugging. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug=                      ;(On/Off) Switch debugging on/off
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_SciTE_Minimized=            ;(Y/N) Minimize SciTE while script is running. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_SciTE_OutputPane_Minimized= ;(Y/N) Minimize SciTE output pane at run time. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=                     ;Optionally override the AutoIt3 install directory to use.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Aut2exe=                        ;Optionally override the Aut2exe.exe to use for this script
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3=                        ;Optionally override the Autoit3.exe to use for this script
;** Aut2Exe settings
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=                           ;Filename of the Ico file to use for the compiled exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile=                        ;Target exe/a3x filename.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile_Type=                   ;exe=Standalone executable (Default); a3x=Tokenised AutoIt3 code file
#AutoIt3Wrapper_OutFile_X64=                    ;Target exe filename for X64 compile.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=                    ;Compression parameter 0-4  0=Low 2=normal 4=High. Default=2
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=                         ;(Y/N) Compress output program.  Default=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UPX_Parameters=                 ;Override the default settings for UPX.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=                     ;(Y/N) Change output program to CUI in stead of GUI. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_both=                   ;(Y/N) Compile both X86 and X64 in one run. Default=N
;** Target program Resource info
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=                    ;Comment field
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_CompanyName=                ;Company field
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=                ;Description field
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=                ;File Version
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_Use_Template=   ;Use a template to generate the fileversion based on date info: %YYYY/%YY/%MO/%DD/%HH/%MI/%SE
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=  ;(Y/N/P) AutoIncrement FileVersion. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_First_Increment=;(Y/N) AutoIncrement Y=Before; N=After compile. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=                      ;(Y/N) Compile for high DPI. Default=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ProductName=                ;Product Name
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ProductVersion=             ;Product Version
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=                   ;Resource Language code . Default 2057=English (United Kingdom)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=             ;Copyright field
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalTrademarks=            ;Trademark field
#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=    ;asInvoker, highestAvailable, requireAdministrator or None (remove the trsutInfo section).  Default is the setting from Aut2Exe (asInvoker)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_Compatibility=              ;Vista/Windows7/win7/win8/win81/win10 allowed separated by a comma     (Default=Win10)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource=                 ;(Y/N) Save a copy of the Script_source in the EXE resources. Default=N

Always carry a towel.