Anyone experiencing issues using msedgedriver for version 105?

Quorie

I had the issue previously with version 100 where it crashes upon opening Edge. 101, 102, 103, and 104 all behave nicely, but I'm starting to see 105 in my environment and it's crashing as soon as Edge opens.

Here's my code if that's relevant:

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include <wd_capabilities.au3>
#include <AD.au3>

;Detects which version of Edge is installed and selects the respective version of msedgedriver.
ShellExecute("C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\version.bat")
$oEdgeVersion = FileReadLine("C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\version.txt", 2)
$oEdgeVersionArray = StringSplit($oEdgeVersion, ".")
$oEdgeVersion = $oEdgeVersionArray[1]

$oMSDriverPath = "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\"
if($oEdgeVersion == 100) Then $oMSDriverPath &= "msedgedriver100.exe"
if($oEdgeVersion == 101) Then $oMSDriverPath &= "msedgedriver101.exe"
if($oEdgeVersion == 102) Then $oMSDriverPath &= "msedgedriver102.exe"
if($oEdgeVersion == 103) Then $oMSDriverPath &= "msedgedriver103.exe"
if($oEdgeVersion == 104) Then $oMSDriverPath &= "msedgedriver104.exe"
if($oEdgeVersion == 105) Then $oMSDriverPath &= "msedgedriver105.exe"

;Runs the Edge driver setup and opens a controlled session to Epic.
Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $sElement
SetupEdge()
_WD_Startup()
_WD_ConsoleVisible()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "website")

;Checks every .25 seconds for the Username and Password variables to tell when the page loads.
$oPageLoad = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="Enter user name"]')
For $var = 10000 to 0 Step -1
    If($oPageLoad) Then ExitLoop
    sleep(250)
    $oPageLoad = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="Enter user name"]')
Next

;Gets the computer description from Active Directory.
_AD_Open()
$sCompDescription = _AD_GetObjectAttribute(@ComputerName & "$", "Description")
_AD_Close()

;Locates the username, password, and log on fields from the webpage.
Local $oUserName = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="Enter user name"]')
Local $oPassword = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="passwd"]')
Local $oSubmit = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="Log_On"]')

;Instantiates the login information to be entered on the site.
Local $sUserName = $sCompDescription
Local $sPassword = "password"

;Enter Username and Password from variables above
_WD_SetElementValue($sSession, $oUserName, $sUserName)
_WD_SetElementValue($sSession, $oPassword, $sPassword)
_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oSubmit, "click")

;Looks for the "Detect citrix receiver" button on the next page to tell when it's loaded and then clicks.
$oDetectCitrix = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="protocolhandler-welcome-installButton"]')
    If(_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oDetectCitrix, 'click')) Then ExitLoop
    sleep(250)
    $oDetectCitrix = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="protocolhandler-welcome-installButton"]')
Next

;Looks for the "Already installed" button on the next page to tell when it's loaded and then clicks.
$oInstalled = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="protocolhandler-detect-alreadyInstalledLink"]')
    $oPageLoad_2 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//img[@alt="Production"]')
    If($oPageLoad_2) Then ExitLoop
    sleep(250)
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oInstalled, 'click')
    $oInstalled = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//*[@id="protocolhandler-detect-alreadyInstalledLink"]')
Next

;Looks for the Production icon and clicks once loaded.
$oLaunchEpic = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//img[@alt="Production"]')
    If(_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oLaunchEpic, 'click')) Then ExitLoop
    sleep(250)
    $oLaunchEpic = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//img[@alt="Production"]')
 Next

;Waits for connector to download and open before closing Edge / the session.
Sleep(15000)
_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()

;Sets the run parameters for Edge to be controlled by the Edge driver.
Func SetupEdge()
_WD_Option('Driver', $oMSDriverPath)
_WD_Option('Port', 9515)
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose, --remote-debugging=false')
_WD_Option('console', "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\log.txt")

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"binary": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe", "args": ["safe-mode=true", "start-maximized=true"], "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"]}}}}'
EndFunc

Here's the output from Scite:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\me\Desktop\Epic Login - Default.au3"    
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Driver   Value=C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver105.exe
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Port   Value=9515
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=DriverParams   Value=--verbose, --remote-debugging=false

And that's it. Here's the log I have from the edge driver:

_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : False
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_10 WIN32_NT 22000 
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.14.5
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF:    0.10.0 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)
_WD_Startup: Driver:    C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver105.exe (64 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose, --remote-debugging=false
_WD_Startup: Port:    9515
_WD_Startup: Command:    "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver105.exe" --verbose, --remote-debugging=false 
_WD_Startup ==> Success [0]
__WD_Post ==> Webdriver Exception [10] : HTTP status = 500
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception [10]
__WD_Post ==> Invalid session ID [15] : HTTP status = 404
_WD_Navigate ==> Invalid session ID [15] : Parameters:   URL=<url>
_WD_FindElement ==> Invalid session ID [15] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="Enter user name"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Invalid session ID [15] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="Enter user name"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default

1 hour ago, Quorie said:

_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF:    0.10.0 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)

You should update both of these UDFs.

1 hour ago, Quorie said:

FWIW, I saw similar behavior when using mismatched versions of the browser / webdriver. You should manually verify the version numbers involved.

16 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

You should update both of these UDFs.

FWIW, I saw similar behavior when using mismatched versions of the browser / webdriver. You should manually verify the version numbers involved.

Unfortunately that yielded the same results. I downloaded the newest stable msedgedriver, updated my webdriver to 10.1, and downloaded the newest WinHTTP files. Here are those results from the log:

_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : True
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF:    0.10.1 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: Command:    "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver105.exe" --verbose, --remote-debugging=false 

Edited by Quorie

Here is another log from switching back to Edge v.104 and running:

_WD_Startup: Driver:    C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver104.exe (64 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Command:    "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver104.exe" --verbose, --remote-debugging=false 
__WD_Post ==> Success [0] : HTTP status = 200
_WD_CreateSession ==> Success [0] : 567de4ae48d7cc201ac36748f3486a59
_WD_Navigate ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   URL=<url>
__WD_Post ==> No match [8] : HTTP status = 404
_WD_FindElement ==> No match [8] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="Enter user name"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="Enter user name"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="Enter user name"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="passwd"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default
_WD_FindElement ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Strategy=xpath   Selector=//*[@id="Log_On"]   StartNodeID=Default   Multiple=Default   ShadowRoot=Default

11 minutes ago, Quorie said:

You need to manually grab the source from this link and update your local copy.

2 hours ago, Quorie said:

_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose, --remote-debugging=false')

Have you tried removing the comma?

15 hours ago, Danp2 said:

You need to manually grab the source from this link and update your local copy.

Have you tried removing the comma?

I copy and pasted the file from that link and replaced it in the include file, and I also removed that comma from the debug call. Same results.

_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Params:    --verbose --remote-debugging=false
_WD_Startup: Command:    "C:\senthelp\AutoIT Drivers\msedgedriver105.exe" --verbose --remote-debugging=false 

@QuorieYour setup is unique, so we can only guess at what the issue might be. Here are some ideas for you to try --

• As previously mentioned, you should manually verify the version numbers involved for both the browser and the webdriver
  • Add debugging code to your script so that you can observe the value of variables
  • Try removing the "binary" portion of your desiredCapabilities string
  • Test with a different script, such as wd_demo, that doesn't depend on the logic / results associated with version.bat

5 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

@QuorieYour setup is unique, so we can only guess at what the issue might be. Here are some ideas for you to try --

• As previously mentioned, you should manually verify the version numbers involved for both the browser and the webdriver
  • Add debugging code to your script so that you can observe the value of variables
  • Try removing the "binary" portion of your desiredCapabilities string
  • Test with a different script, such as wd_demo, that doesn't depend on the logic / results associated with version.bat

Removing binary worked! I'm going to package this up and test on the computers running different versions to make sure. Thank you so much!

It ended up being a bit of sloppiness on my part. My initial check for the Edge version was being superseded too fast by _WD_Startup and it would pull the wrong version. What I think happened after that is even though the second run would get the right version, the wrong driver from the first run would still be running in the background since the script wouldn't progress and never get to _WD_DeleteSession / _WD_Shutdown at the end.

I switched my ShellExecute at the beginning of the code to RunWait and that resolved the weird interaction.

I also tested using _WD_WaitElement but the site I'm using generates the fields before it makes them interactable. Due to that, I need to loop using _WD_ElementAction as a boolean to tell when the page is ready to move on. Otherwise with just _WD_WaitElement it clicks on basically an image and doesn't progress.

48 minutes ago, Quorie said:

I also tested using _WD_WaitElement but the site I'm using generates the fields before it makes them interactable.

Did you try using the $iOptions parameter? Instead of this --

If(_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oLaunchEpic, 'click')) Then ExitLoop
    sleep(250)
 Next

It would look something like this --

$oLaunchEpic = _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//img[@alt="Production"]', Default, Default, $_WD_OPTION_Visible + $_WD_OPTION_Enabled)
If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oLaunchEpic, 'click')
EndIf

1 hour ago, Danp2 said:

It would look something like this --

$oLaunchEpic = _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//img[@alt="Production"]', Default, Default, $_WD_OPTION_Visible + $_WD_OPTION_Enabled)
If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oLaunchEpic, 'click')
EndIf

Yup, that works! I went ahead and replaced all my loops and it works wonderfully. Thanks Dan!