Au3Stripper - Why output Iteration information to the console?

AGlassman

With #Au3Stripper_Parameters=/ShowConsoleInfo=0 - Why does Au3Stripper output Iteration information lines to the console? And why is it prefixed with a hyphen (which makes it show as Orange)? I don't understand how this info is helpful (if there were no errors) .  And in any case, why is it prefixed with a hyphen, which I thought was usually used for warning?

Au3Stripper.png.8d17238f80560bd5e53b688b6cf22491.png

I was reticent about making this post because I've searched the forum and I don't see anyone else complaining about this. Which usually means I've missed something obvious to everyone else.

• Developers
8 hours ago, AGlassman said:

Why does Au3Stripper output Iteration information lines to the console?

I guess because many moons ago I decided that I needed to show the progress to avoid people thinking the program is hanging. In the early days when it was still written as an AU# script, it was much slower, but even now it can still take quite a while when you have a big ass script with many includes. Either way...  this how I designed it way back when and it has always been like this. 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I agree with @AGlassmanthat -/orange is in general used for warnings and I should change those status lines to something else.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)