Where is Scite 3.2.0 Help

AutoitMike

I asked about this in 2019 but I never got any answer, but now I need to ask again.

I am creating a back up laptop to be set up exactly as what I have now. The back up is the same model of laptop but runs Win 10.  The laptop I am using is Win 7

Scite 3.2.0 is installed but clicking "Help" does not load the help window.

In the downloads , there is no version 3.2.0 that I can find. I dont see anything named "Help*.* in the Scite folder.

Thanks

Since SciTE 3.2.0 was included with AutoIt back in 2012, assume you installed Autoit 3.3.10.0 (Index of /autoit3/files/archive/autoit (autoitscript.com)), although don't know why since there have been many script breaking changes since then.  You also realize that AutoIt Scite is custom version of Scite and that the Help file you normally see when pressing F1, AutoIt help file?  Can you post the file versions of SciTE.exe, AutoIt3.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\...

Holy $&^%$#@!$$$%!!!!

After playing with this issue for 3 days now, sequestered in my den, I have discovered the following:

IF YOU HAVE A SCRIPT OPEN THAT HAS NOT BEEN SAVED, HELP DOES NOT WORK!!!!

As a matter of fact, any unsaved script will not run (which I already knew)

I have been using AutoIt for about 12 years, thousands of lines of code written, never discovered this.

• Developers

Correct as the f1 depends on the file extension to open the appropriate help option for that particular language.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Are you saying that each tab in the editor can be a different language??

I think that help should just default to English if there is no specific defined language to use.

This came about when installing scite not knowing what version it was. As soon as it was done installing the fist thing to do is select help to see the version.

But that doesn't work.

• Developers

Language<> country but rather Autoit3/LUA/basic/c++ etc ;). They each have their own helpfile so SciTE will open the appropriate helpfile based on the file extension au3/Lua/bas/cpp.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)