FAST encoding

masvil

I need a fast method to encode text; _StringEncrypt is too slow for my purposes.

The only goal is to get the text unreadable. I mean I don't need "strong" encoding, just a fast "camouflage" routine.

The biggest factor is likely length of the string to be obfuscated...and whether you need to be able to get the

original text back :lmao: messing w/ each character in a huge string will be expensive , though likely faster than "real" encryption. ROT13 is a venerable method - you may find a fast CLI implementation to use, or write your own w/ loop stepped such that every nth character is obfuscated... etc. There are a few methods floating around that try to base64 stuff.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

• Moderators

or write your own w/ loop stepped such that every nth character is obfuscated... etc.

I found the StringEncrypt() was also to slow in 1. Encoding, and 2. Deciphering, so I opted for the option as flyingboz has said here and wrote my own.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ROT13 is a venerable method - you may find a fast CLI implementation to use,

Rot13 Udf by ezzetabi works good but it doesn't encode all chars (example: òàùèìù);

ROT13 by killaz219 have same problem (plus it doesn't include not decoded chars at all);

_Rot112() by ezzetabi is a good improvement but... again same problem as above;

ROT 256 by Nuffilein805 seems to be good for my purpose, but himself says "THIS 1 IS NOT SAFE". We all know that ROT* stuff is very simple to decode, so I don't understand what does he mean. Any explanation?

Edited by masvil

• Moderators

Rot13 Udf by ezzetabi works good but it doesn't encode all chars (example: òàùèìù);

ROT13 by killaz219 have same problem (plus it doesn't include not decoded chars at all);

_Rot112() by ezzetabi is a good improvement but... again same problem as above;

ROT 256 by Nuffilein805 seems to be good for my purpose, but himself says "THIS 1 IS NOT SAFE". We all know that ROT* stuff is very simple to decode, so I don't understand what does he mean. Any explanation?

He's telling you the same thing as I said above. In order for something to be read by your script, it has to be decoded, so anything you put in text is not 100% safe because if your script is open, it can be read. (the text that is).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.