Internet connection not working with VPN

Neat

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I already had in the past and I didn't find any solution on this forum.
Whenever I activate my VPN, I cannot use my internet connection anymore through scripts.

For example, without VPN when I do : Ping("www.google.com") it works properly.
With VPN ON when I do : Ping("www.google.com") I have @error = 2.
I do have an internet connection though because if I manually launch google chrome i can go on google.

Same error when I try to do calls with "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1" => $oHTTP.Send() doesn't respond.
It looks like autoit isn't able to use the VPN connection properly.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thank you !

• Developers
1 hour ago, Neat said:

Whenever I activate my VPN, I cannot use my internet connection anymore through scripts.

What kind of VPN is this?  Does it use a proxy? 

1 hour ago, Neat said:

Ping("www.google.com") I have @error = 2.

Does a ping from the cmd box work when VPN is connected or is that also failing?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thank you Jos for your quick answer !

3 hours ago, Jos said:

What kind of VPN is this?  Does it use a proxy? 

The name is "Check Point Mobile". The proxy is set to "detect proxy from IE settings"

3 hours ago, Jos said:

Does a ping from the cmd box work when VPN is connected or is that also failing?

Oh ! I just checked and it also fails.

• Developers
  • Solution
5 minutes ago, Neat said:

Oh ! I just checked and it also fails.

well.....  miracles won't happen when using AutoIt3 when it doesn't work with basics. ;)
This likely is some sort of proxy setup basically disabling most direct (routed) IP traffic and you get these type of errors. 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just for the record, the ping problem couldn't be solved (apparently ping and VPN/proxy work hardly together?)
BUT, I did solve the following problem :

5 hours ago, Neat said:

Same error when I try to do calls with "WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1" => $oHTTP.Send() doesn't respond.

with : $oHTTP.SetProxy(2,"ip_address_of_my_proxy")

• Developers

Making sense yes. Ping will only work when the default IP gateway allows the port through, which I assume won't be the case when this software works with a proxy likely to  interrogate the traffic for dodgy stuff.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just chiming in here a little bit.  It's possible that the VPN connection is blocking ping / ICMP.  If browsing still works, that means that DNS and HTTP/HTTPS is working properly.  You could try a trace route (tracert) both on and off VPN to see where the pings stop.