TCP Options

I have been looking at the TCP Options on beta and been experimenting with them but i seem to have only failed does anyone why what is wrong with my code, i am using the server from the examples till i can get my client working. The client and server from examples work together fine.

Call("Check")

Func Check()
    $g_IP = "86.139.248.121"
    $g_port = 33891

$socket = TCPConnect( $g_IP, $g_port )
    If $socket = -1 Then 
        TCPCloseSocket( $socket )
        Sleep(2000)
        Call("Check")
    Else
        TCPSend($socket, "Connection Success")
    EndIf

$recv = TCPRecv($socket, 512 )

While 1

If $recv = "CD Open" Then
            CDTray("D:", "open")
        EndIf

Sleep(100)

WEnd

EndFunc

The format of the whole is a little off. But, since you have actually tried something, I will help.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20589

This is an excellent collection of TCP scripts that AutoIt Smith wrote. They all work great.

As for the actual format of TCP, you need to have two pieces: server and client. First, both have to start TCP via TCPStartup(). The server needs to listen for incoming connections via TCPListen. Once that has succeeded, the server will need to accept connections on a certain port with TCPAccept. It will have to loop to accept connections until it receives one - otherwise if there is no loop it will simply fail the first time and be done.

Once a connection is made, the server must loop TCPRecv to get the information sent to it by TCPSend. If you do not loop this, it again will simply fail and move on to the end of the script.

As for the client, it needs to TCPConnect to the same IP address and port that was specified by TCPListen on the server side. Once a connection is made, the client can use TCPSend to send data to the server.

Here's a really simple example. Start the server first, then the client (two separate scripts). It will simply wait until the client sends "CD Open", open the cd tray, and then quit both scripts.

;--server--
TCPStartup()
$MainSocket = TCPListen (@IPAddress1, 9999)

Do
    $ConnectedSocket = TCPAccept($MainSocket)
Until $ConnectedSocket > 0

While 1
    $Data = TCPRecv ($ConnectedSocket, 512)
    If $Data = "CD Open" Then
        CDTray ("D:", "open")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    Sleep (100)
WEnd

;--client--
TCPStartup()
$MainSocketClient = TCPConnect (@IPAddress1, 9999)

TCPSend ($MainSocketClient, "CD Open")

Thx for the help but is there anyway to make it so if the Client is run but the server isent to make the client sleep for a few seconds and retry to connect to the server because atm all the things i have tried it has just froze the client if the server isent open?

All i have so far is

Client:

TCPStartup()
Do
$MainSocketClient = TCPConnect ("127.0.0.1", 65432)
Sleep (50)
Until $MainSocketClient <> -1

TCPSend($MainSocketClient, "CD Open")

Server:

TCPStartup()
$MainSocket = TCPListen ("127.0.0.1", 65432)

Do

While 1
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    Sleep (100)
WEnd

They are two seperate scripts i am going to expand on them when i get them working properly.

I seem to have the problem i tried to up a msgbox after the defining of $MainSocketClient to TCPConnect and it does not reach that far so it seems when TCPConnect fails it stops the program is there anyway to see if the connection is possible before it trys to open it so that it does not run TCPConnect if it will error?

TCPConnect does not stop the script on a failure. It returns -1, hence the condition at the Until line.

As Greenmachine pointed out, the delay in the server's While loop is your problem. It will work much better if you simply remove the Sleep entirely. These modifications work fine for me:

TCPStartup()
Do
$MainSocketClient = TCPConnect ("127.0.0.1", 65432)
Sleep (1000)
Until $MainSocketClient <> -1

TCPSend($MainSocketClient, "CD Open")

TCPStartup()
$MainSocket = TCPListen ("127.0.0.1", 65432)

Do

While 1
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
WEnd

I extended the delay on the client because 50ms is a very short time to wait between connection attempts.