Truecrypt, cannot select ScrollView control in any way that I remember of

Newb

Hello AutoIT community,

Long time I didn't log back here, absolutely happy to see the project is still alive and maintained. AutoIT taught me programming and gave me many joys,
I was trying to automate some setups for a machine, and Powershell was just not enough for my needs:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39353073/how-i-can-send-mouse-click-in-powershell
Looking here, it seems quite a clunky task to do.
So, since I automated a lot of stuff in AutoIT, I've decided to get back at it (and it feels so much better now that I'm a full stack developer since a decade).

I managed to automate all the setup and configuration except a point where I need to select a drive in the scroll down list show here:image.png.81cac9988df3bc631dda384c2c38374f.png

I tried all that I know, so I think I'm missing something.

The idea is to focus it, then move up and down with arrow (or Send() a drive letter so it gets highlighted) then follow up with TABS and ENTER and Send() to compile the rest of the form.

Sample script:

#Truecrypt window name
    Local Const $TC71WindowName = "TrueCrypt" 
    Local Const $TC71Location = "C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe"

#Configuring TC
    Run($TC71Location)
    Sleep(500) 

If WaitAndActivateWindow($TC71WindowName) Then
        #TC installed Open and configure

MsgBox(0,"Error", "Sending D")
        #Handler of drive select form
        Local $driveControlHandler = HWnd("[CLASS:Static; INSTANCE:2]")
        ControlFocus($driveControlHandler)
        Send("D")

Sleep(200)
        Send("{TAB}")
        Sleep(200)
        Send("{TAB}")
        Sleep(200)
        Send($PathTc)
    Else
        Exit()
    EndIf

The thing revolves around " HWnd("[CLASS:Static; INSTANCE:2]")" where I try to get handle of the window section in the screenshot.
I also tried to get it by Window Name/Text and whatever, but it just seems that I cant navigate or interact with it.

NOTE: The scroll list CANNOT be navigated with tab, arrow or anything. I've aleady tried.

Also I would avoid doing MouseClicks because that's really resolution and window position dependent..

If anyone dares to try, heres the setup for Truecrypt 7.1a.
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/truecrypt-7-1

or google it from wherever you feel

BONUS:
I really would like to avoid doing all the navigation in the old fashioned way "TAB TAB TAB ENTER TAB TAB SEND("SOMEKEYS") TAB TAB ENTER SPACE.....", you got what I mean.
I would like to be able to handle buttons by their class/handle to do some bulletproof code.

What am I missing? Why I can't select buttons and windows correctly?

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

5 hours ago, Newb said:

The thing revolves around " HWnd("[CLASS:Static; INSTANCE:2]")" where I try to get handle of the window section in the screenshot.
I also tried to get it by Window Name/Text and whatever, but it just seems that I cant navigate or interact with it.

Try replacing the use of 

HWnd(...)

with 

ControlGetHandle(...)

On 10/19/2022 at 4:41 PM, KaFu said:

What do you want to achieve? Mount a container? I know TC supports an extensive list of command line  arguments.

Hello!
I want to automate the setup process and container mount.
I knew about command line but making it with keystrokes was faster
I also want to learn to get control handles efficiently to ease the automation processes.
Anyway, I found a solution, I can just do it with keystrokes, it just required a bit of thinkering with how windows controls work.

I just needed to send a few {UP} and {DOWN} keystrokes

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:08 PM, OJBakker said:

Try replacing the use of 

HWnd(...)

with 

ControlGetHandle(...)

Ok, I will experiment with it.

Anyway, I found a solution, I can just do it with keystrokes, it just required a bit of thinkering with how windows controls work.

I just needed to send a few {UP} and {DOWN} keystrokes

Update:
I tried 

ControlGetHandle

As suggested.

NOTE: To make the Window info detection work, I had to  deactivate Spy++ logic detection or else it won't detect all the properties correctly

image.png.3c3983f164307a808424a8625950cb68.png
But maybe I'm doing something wrong in clicking the control.
Here's what I do:

WinActivate($WindowTitle)
$a = ControlGetHandle("TrueCrypt","E&xit",1062)
if Not $a Then
    MsgBox(0,"No handle","Not found")
Else
    MsgBox(0,"Handle", String($a))
EndIf
ControlClick($a, "E&xit", 1062)

Here's with spy:
image.thumb.png.d52980b91dd9e6e885d78987d567be03.png

Trying to close the program and it will stay in the traybar (so I can't kill the process).

Handle is found:

image.png.469dfec2ee57dd947a92c7e434771d4a.png

The click just doesn't happen.
Anyone can help?

EDIT: 
More info:
I tried to check return value of controlclick

MsgBox(0,"ctrlcickreturn", String(ControlClick($a, "E&xit", 1062)))

and it returns 0, so basically looks like it's not working

Edited by Newb

Add 

ControlFocus(...)

before the

ControlClick(...)

Your are using the wrong values for the parameters parameters of the control* functions. The first 2 parameters identify the window, the 3 parameter identifies the control, so you do not need the handle for the control to use the controlclick function.

Edited by OJBakker
additional info.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:04 AM, OJBakker said:

Add 

ControlFocus(...)

before the

ControlClick(...)

Your are using the wrong values for the parameters parameters of the control* functions. The first 2 parameters identify the window, the 3 parameter identifies the control, so you do not need the handle for the control to use the controlclick function.

Ok everything worked out wonderfully.
Thank you!