Open a folder

Bilbo

Sorry if this is old hat; I'm new to AutoIt and haven't found this in help or on the forum... maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, or maybe I'm just not holding my mouth right. :lmao:

I can open notepad with Run("notepad.exe"), I thought maybe the usage of Run was similar to the Start/Run function from the windows task bar, and I could open a folder in a similar way, e.g., Run("c:\documents and settings\bilbo"), but obviously that isn't the answer.

Can somebody point me toward what I'm missing?

TIA

Bilbo

I am not sure what you are hoping to achieve but if it is to open a folder to look at the contents you could use FileOpenDialog. If I am mistaken in my guess then I am sorry but you will need to provide a better explanation.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

I am not sure what you are hoping to achieve but if it is to open a folder to look at the contents you could use FileOpenDialog. If I am mistaken in my guess then I am sorry but you will need to provide a better explanation.

I thought what I was trying to achieve was pretty straightforward--the identical result to selecting Start/Run and typing in, e.g., c:\ in the run box. Not sure how else I could have made it clearer. I suspect your actual question is more like "not sure why you would want to do such a thing." :lmao:

I haven't tried the FileOpenDialog, yet, but I will. Thanks very much for the response, BigDod.

Bilbo

Run ('explorer.exe ' & $FolderName)

You supply folder name.

Thanks very much, GreenMachine. This works perfectly. I was stuck in the mindset that there must be some built-in in AutoIt, similar to Run, that would do this.

Bilbo