Change Windows10 Taskbar tabs order - (Moved)

Hi there!

II can't find how to change the order of tabs in the taskbar. The only thing I did was hide the tabs and show them in the right order.

But they are added already to the right of other tabs.

I even can't get list of open tabs.

AutoItSetOption("WinSearchChildren", 1)

Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]")
Local $hTask = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:MSTaskSwWClass]")
Local $hTaskList = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:MSTaskListWClass]")

Local $ButtonCount = _SendMessage($hTask, $TB_BUTTONCOUNT, 0 ,0)  // return 0

Local $ButtonCount2 = _SendMessage($hTaskList, $TB_BUTTONCOUNT, 0 ,0)  // return 1

2022-11-23_14-01-09.png

First MSTaskListWClass is a control not a window.  Second all toolbar messages will not work with this task bar.  Windows does not want that anyone can easily interact with it because of possible hacks.  This being said, it is possible to manipulate the bar with UIAutomation (search forum for more information).

No.  Did you read the last part of my response ?  You can use UIAutomation, to get informations (name, size, location, click point, etc) about each buttons and then decide what is best for you.

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Moderation Team

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

13 hours ago, Nine said:

No.  Did you read the last part of my response ?  You can use UIAutomation, to get informations (name, size, location, click point, etc) about each buttons and then decide what is best for you.

UIAutomation is a completely new topic for me. I don't even know where to look for information about it. All I found in an hour of googling and reading of the AutoIt forum is that it is designed to automate tests through emulation of user behavior.

What collection contains these buttons?

Edited by Serg2000mr
inattentively read the previous message

5 hours ago, Serg2000mr said:

it is designed to automate tests through emulation of user behavior

False.  It is a way to manipulate new UI design.

There is multiple examples provided.  Start with one of them, put something together, then we will gladly help you.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean that I need to recognize all the pictures of the buttons on the taskbar, find the application I need by the icon and text and simulate dragging the tab with the mouse?

Looks like I was right. You cannot change the order of tabs in the taskbar, you need to get the coordinates of the desired tab with _UIA_ElementGetBoundingRectangle() and use MouseClickDrag() to emulate mouse movement.

Well, you were wrong regarding the recognition (image search) of the pictures of the buttons.  I never said that you could move tabs with UIAutomation, I just said that you could gather informations to perform the task without relying to pixel. ;)