send keys to minimized window

cdkid

well...im guessing this will use DllCall() if anyone could point me in the right direction i would very much appriciate it

--thanks in advance

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

i know about controlsend but there are no controls so i was hopin for some kind of help with like

SendMessage

--anyone?

~cdkid

***edit*** wheee 100th post!

Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

Global Const $wm_keydown = 0x100, $wm_keyup = 0x101
$a = 0x41

DllCall("user32.dll",'int','sendmessage','hwnd',WinGetHandle('key1 - Notepad'), 'int', $wm_keydown, 'int', $a)
DllCall("user32.dll",'int','sendmessage','hwnd',WinGetHandle('key1 - Notepad'), 'int', $wm_keyup, 'int', $a)

that's what i've come up w/ so far but it doesnt work

note: this is just a test...im eventually gonna be using it on a game

Edited by cdkid

anyone?

hate to bump but i really need some help

>bump :lmao:

sorry to bump again but stuff gets lost pretty quick after it leaves the first page and i really need some help but i've been searching and not finding anything please help!

--sorry for the bump

~cdkid

that's only for clicking... i mean sending a keystroke and from what i can tell there's nothin there for sending keystrokes

as i said there are no controls that i can get with the Au3Info tool in the game that img onna be using this for...

i know about controlsend but there are no controls so i was hopin for some kind of help with like SendMessage

~cdkid

I figured you could use the window handle and just send it like that, but it doesn't seem to want to work that way. In that case, it would be much easier to just do it non-minimized....

Definitely easier, but I can see value in trying to get it to work minimized so you can do other things on your machine while it is running...

Edited by golfjrr

i found the problem using some program..."Winspecter Spy". the game uses

keydown > key

keydown > key

keyup > key

keyup > key rather than what i was doing:

keydown > key

keyup > key

arg, nevermind it still wont work... i was accidentally writing to it using send()...forgot to delete the line

umm i dont understand what ur saying... 'good window', 'good id'?

please clarify

~cdkid

anyone? please help, i just cant figure this out. could some person that does a lot of DLL stuff please help me out i've been searching and i just cant find anything...

well i dont play but im writin this for some of my friends... diablo II i used WinSpecter Spy to capture keypresses it does

keydown > key

char > big hex, big hex...i'll sort it out later

keyup > key