Urgent scripting help needed!

Hi! I'm designing an in-car PC that will be using an old laptop as the CPU and a 7" LCD screen as the monitor. To hook up the monitor, I'm using the TV-Out function of my laptop's video card.

The laptop will be stored under my seat and I will not be using a keyboard with it. To make the laptop use the TV-Out feature instead of it's own LCD, the "Function" and "F8" keys need to be pressed similtaneously. I'd like to use a script to make this these keystrokes happen once every time the computer is turned on to make it output to the 7" LCD. I will not be able to press the keyboard keys since it's under the car seat.

Is there an autoit script that could make this happen?

Thanks!!

Not unless there is another key set that can be used or you could look in the bios and see if there is an option to boot with it on

Woot. I found away around it. I can use KeyTweak (http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/) to remap the keyboard and use another key instead of the Fn key. Now all I need is a script that presses F8 + any other key I want similtaneously. Is this possible?

• Moderators

its very easy:

Send ( "{F8}+{anykeyyouwant...}")

and make that run as startup.

I don't think he wants to press F8 / Shift / 'another key'.... :lmao: Example:
Send('{F8}{a}')

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

This is none of my buisness, but what will this script do?

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]