Is there a way to activate a script on startup

Is there a way to activate a script on startup without having to click it? Also is this possible to do when certain conditions are met to just activate a script??? o:);):lmao:

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

Is there a way to activate a script on startup without having to click it? Also is this possible to do when certain conditions are met to just activate a script??? o:);):lmao:

To activate a script at startup just compile it and copy it into your startup folder.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Is there a way to activate a script on startup without having to click it? Also is this possible to do when certain conditions are met to just activate a script??? :lol:o:):lmao:

Ummm... ;)

Put it in the StartUp folder for either the username or All Users?

In the second question, what kind of conditions are you talking about? :king:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I'm pretty new to AutoIt so this proberly not the best way, it is part of a larger function, triggered by a user interface option to turn autostart off & on...

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\your_application.exe", $gDrive & ":\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\your_application.lnk")

;$gDrive is a varible of the drive letter just incase they don't use C
;your_application is the name of your Autoit script

I'd like to change 'All Users' to the logged in user name, but I don't know how to detect the systems logged in username. In my case it is for dedicated game servers so I did'nt worry about it, but you may need to find a way of getting username.

Edited by cyanidemonkey

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

That script didn't work. :lmao:;)o:)

nevermind, there was just a peirod where a comma should have been

Edited by Infinitex0

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

Okay, I used that script and went to the address that I got from it. What do I do now.

Use cyanidemonkey's script but with the

$gDrive & ":\Documents and Settings\All Users

part replaced by

%UserProfile%.

You need the line

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings",1)

to ensure that the %UserProfile% environment string is expanded to a path which can be used.

(apologies for the full stop instead of a comma)

Edited by SlimJim

Use cyanidemonkey's script but with the

$gDrive & ":\Documents and Settings\All Users

part replaced by

%UserProfile%.

You need the line

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings",1)

to ensure that the %UserProfile% environment string is expanded to a path which can be used.

(apologies for the full stop instead of a comma)

or you could use the @StartupDir macro in its place ?

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\your_application.exe", @StartupDir & "\your_application.lnk")

Okay, I got everything working just as I need it.

THANK YOU :lmao:

or you could use the @StartupDir macro in its place ?

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\your_application.exe", @StartupDir & "\your_application.lnk")
Niiicccee, I'll be udating my code with that tonight :lmao:

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator