Autoit Window Info Tool Crashing.

Go to solution Solved by Danp2,

Hello;

I've been busy with a scripting project so have been out of the loop a bit lately, but when I found out that Autoit had a new update from Sept. 2022, I decided to update to it a few weeks ago. Before updating I could use the Window info tool without a problem, now anytime I try to use it, even with nothing else open, just on my bare desktop, as soon as I drag the crosshair tool off of the GUI, or if I unfreeze it, and select even the Autoit installer window, the program pauses for a minute (never showing a title etc.) and then shows the error: "Au3Info has stopped working, Windows can check online for a solution to the problem."

I have tried reinstalling, and re-downloading the installer to no avail, I have tried installing setting using 64 bit tools by default, and I have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions of window info tool. I have reverted to version 3.3.16.0 and the problem goes away.

I have searched the forum but haven't found a mention of the problem by any one else? My apologies if it is a known problem.

I am on a 64 bit Windows 7 SP1 Home premium computer ; 4Gb Ram DDR3, Intel g41 express gpu, Intel pentium E5800 CPU.

Please let me know if you need any more info. I'm fairly busy, so my replies may be a bit delayed. Sorry in advance.

Edited by donnyh13
Accidentally posted too soon.

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

Perfect, thank you @Danp2

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."