Webdriver Firefox: Login to a website and get data from it. Learning Webdriver

Blaxxun

Go to solution Solved by Danp2,

4 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

@SOLVE-SMARTYour first option is essentially what _WD_ElementActionEx with $sCommand = 'hide'  is doing already, correct?

I don't know, Dan. I have to check this. But you knows best I guess 😅 .

Best regards
Sven

Update @Danp2: Not exactly but essentially the same, yes.

Case 'hide'
    $iActionType = 2
    $sJavaScript = "arguments[0].style='display: none'; return true;"

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

There shouldn't be a difference between:

Local Const $sJavaScript = _
    'var element = arguments[0]; ' & _
    'element.setAttribute("display", "none");'

and:

$sJavaScript = "arguments[0].style='display: none'; return true;"

but without proper testing, it's only guessing, I think.

11 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

@Blaxxun We could add a "remove" option to _WD_ElementActionEx. Until then, use _WD_ExecuteScript as indicated above.

Nevertheless, a remove option would be helpful. Although I personally don't like these functions with many, many variants. I like it more individually. But as you and @mLipok  started this way, I guess you should continue in the way to be consistent 🤝 .

Edited by SOLVE-SMART

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

1 hour ago, Blaxxun said:

The "problem" is more of an cosmetic nature.
In the left block there are only shown customer number at the very top but the rest is empty wasted page space.
In the right block is the chart plus the actual table which iam interested in.

The 'hide' works well with an xpath. But it does not make the right block jump to the left.
If i delete the left div block manually, the ight block fills the whole width of the page as desired.

Why you do this ? Is this because you try to clean up view area before export to pdf ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Hello and thanks!

It is working with:

Func Clean()
    Local $sXp = "/html/body/app-root/div/div/app-consumption/div[3]/div[1]"
    Local $sElement = _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, $sXp)
    Local $sJavaScript = 'var element = arguments[0]; ' & 'element.remove();'
    _WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, $sJavaScript, __WD_JsonElement($sElement), Default, Default)
EndFunc   ;==>Clean

Ok. i get it now. Hard coded xPath's are not the way to go.
Better use "keywords" with " _WD_FindElement"

• 1 month later...

Hello ladys and gents,

Just wanted to fire up my little table scraper for my power providers statistics site and suddenly ran into an error for an unknown reason.
It is usually my fault because of some crappy code i wrote. But in this case something must have changed since the error accures already in the init phase of
webdriver.

Minimal code:

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Global $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
Global $sDriver = "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Autoit_Programs\Firefox_Autoit_Webdriver\geckodriver.exe" ; <== Please modify this statement to your environment.
; Setup Firefox
_WD_Option('Driver', $sDriver)
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true}}'
_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
Exit

And the Error(s):

_WD_Option ==>  Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Driver   Value=C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Autoit_Programs\Firefox_Autoit_Webdriver\geckodriver.exe
_WD_Option ==>  Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Port   Value=4444
_WD_GetFreePort ==> Success [0] : 4444
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : False
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_7 WIN32_NT 7601 Service Pack 1
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.16.1
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 0.11.0 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)
_WD_Startup: Driver:    C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Autoit_Programs\Firefox_Autoit_Webdriver\geckodriver.exe (32 Bit)
_WD_Startup: Params:    
_WD_Startup: Port:  4444
_WD_Startup: Command:   "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Autoit_Programs\Firefox_Autoit_Webdriver\geckodriver.exe"  
_WD_Startup ==> Success [0]
__WD_Post ==> Webdriver Exception [10] : HTTP status = 500
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception [10]

I actually run Win7 64bit here.
No idea what HTTP status = 500 and Webdriver Exception [10] means.

The code ran well since my previous post. Dont know what changed except of some firefox updates.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Edited by Blaxxun
typo

try to use:

$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_Full
ConsoleWrite($_WD_HTTPRESPONSE & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($_WD_SESSION_DETAILS & @CRLF)

check this:

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Global $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
Global $sDriver = "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Autoit_Programs\Firefox_Autoit_Webdriver\geckodriver.exe" ; <== Please modify this statement to your environment.
; Setup Firefox
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true}}'
_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
ConsoleWrite($_WD_HTTPRESPONSE & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($_WD_SESSION_DETAILS & @CRLF)
Exit

show console output

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 0.11.0 (Update available)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)

There are two updates available. The WinHTTP one shouldn't be ignored.

I actually run Win7 64bit here.
No idea what HTTP status = 500 and Webdriver Exception [10] means.

Probably because you are running the 32 bit version of geckodriver. You can resolve by either --

• switching to 64 bit version of geckodriver
  • Add the "binary" option to your capabilities string (you should be able to find examples of this on the forum / wiki).

P.S. Upgrading to the newest UDF release won't fix this issue, but it should give better error logging that helps with diagnosing issues such as this.

Hello,

Okay, so i updated:

geckodriver.exe to   x64 v0.32.2
Webdriver UDF to   v0.13.0
WinHTTP to   1.6.4.2

I switched to the new capabilities format since the one that i used was deprecated. ($sDesiredCapabilities)
Also i added "binary" and the path to the firefox.exe in the capabilities.

I believe there must be something wrong with the capabilities JSON that i generate.
Got most of it from "wd_demo.au3" and the _WD_CapabilitiesAdd('binary', "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe") i got from the forum here.

I also cant add 'javascriptEnabled' and 'nativeEvents' for some reason.

It already worked so nice and suddenly it does not run anymore. A bit weird

Minimal code:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include "wd_capabilities.au3"

Global $sSession
Global $sDriver = "geckodriver.exe" ; x64 v0.32.2

_WD_Option('Port', 4444)

_WD_CapabilitiesStartup()
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('alwaysMatch', 'firefox')
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('browserName', 'firefox')
;_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('javascriptEnabled', True)  // Error: Not supported KEY parameter ( must be defined in $_WD_KEYS__*** )
;_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('nativeEvents', True)       // Error: Not supported KEY parameter ( must be defined in $_WD_KEYS__*** )
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('acceptInsecureCerts', True)
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd('binary', "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")
_WD_CapabilitiesDump()

_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession(_WD_CapabilitiesGet())

ConsoleWrite("HTTPRESPONSE:    " & $_WD_HTTPRESPONSE & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("SESSION_DETAILS: " & $_WD_SESSION_DETAILS & @CRLF)

Exit

The Errors:

_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Driver   Value=geckodriver.exe
_WD_Option ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Option=Port   Value=4444
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd ==> Success [0] : Successfully used [alwaysMatch]  with specified browser: firefox
_WD_CapabilitiesAdd ==> Success [0] : Successfully added capability
_WD_CapabilitiesDump: JSON structure starts below: 
{
    "capabilities":{
        "alwaysMatch":{
            "browserName":"firefox",
            "acceptInsecureCerts":true,
            "moz:firefoxOptions":{
                "binary":"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"
            }
        }
    }
}
_WD_CapabilitiesDump: JSON structure ends above.
_WD_GetFreePort ==> Success [0] : 4444
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success [0] : True
_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_7 WIN32_NT 7601 Service Pack 1
_WD_Startup: AutoIt:    3.3.16.1
_WD_Startup: Webdriver UDF: 0.13.0 (Up to date)
_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:   1.6.4.2
_WD_Startup: Driver:    geckodriver.exe
_WD_Startup: Params:    
_WD_Startup: Port:  4444
_WD_Startup: Command:   "geckodriver.exe"  
_WD_Startup ==> General Error [1] : Error launching WebDriver!
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; Data={
    "capabilities":{
        "alwaysMatch":{
            "browserName":"firefox",
            "acceptInsecureCerts":true,
            "moz:firefoxOptions":{
                "binary":"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"
            }
        }
    }
}
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error [6] : HTTP status = 0 ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception [10]
HTTPRESPONSE:    0
SESSION_DETAILS:

geckodriver.exe IS in the script directory.

When i run it with CMD i get an error: geckodriver.exe is not a valid Win32 application

What the ... ?

Yes it is the 64bit version of geckodriver.exe but why the error?

2 hours ago, Blaxxun said:
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error [6] : HTTP status = 0 ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver

AV / Firewall issue ? 

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Okay, i replaced the 64bit version with the 32bit one of geckodriver.exe and now Firefox fires up!

Ah here yourproblem was.

So is it works now or do you have other issues ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Also i noticed:

_WD_Startup: OS:    WIN_7 WIN32_NT 7601 Service Pack 1

This is wrong because my OS is Win_7 64bit

Are you sure ?

Ps.

I do not know your IT competence, so please do not offend.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hello!

YES! It works now, even without 'javascriptEnabled' and 'nativeEvents'.

I was running geckodriver.exe 32bit before it stopped working. Then was updating everything and replaced the 32bit gecko with the 64bit one.
I also changed the capabilities format into the new one + binarys.

But nothing worked until i switched back to geckodriver.exe 32bit

SO...
My conclusion is that the old capabilities format was no longer supported by firefox or at least it needed the binarys added.

I work since 1992 (windows v3.1) with windows and i'm aware of how to identify it's version. No worrys.
Im just not familiar with webdriver yet.

You can see my windows version in the attached screenshot.

Thanks for your help!

64bit.png

FF64bit.png

Edited by Blaxxun