demo and GDPR both giving: _WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception [10] on execution of script - (Moved)

redrum

Attempting to get any example script running so I have a Firefox script structure working that I can start with for my application.  I've worked on both demo and GDPR and successfully gotten the scripts to execute.  But now, both are giving the same error when the script is run.  The demo menu comes up correctly, but any selected option gives an error when trying to open a session, Exception 10, GDPR does the same.  I would just like some general direction here to solve this issue.  This is my first use of WebDriver, I have done many scripts in the past with the prior IE UDF.

Doug

GDPR latest.au3

• Developers

Moved to the appropriate AutoIt General Help and Support forum, as the AutoIt Example Scripts forum very clearly states:

Share your cool AutoIt scripts, UDFs and applications with others.

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

Moderation Team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

_WD_Startup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.1 (Download latest source at <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dragana-r/autoit-winhttp/master/WinHttp.au3>)

You should address this when you have a moment.

__WD_Post ==> Webdriver Exception [10] : HTTP status = 500 ResponseText={"value":{"error":"session not created","message":"Expected browser binary location, but unable to find binary in default location, no 'moz:firefoxOptions.binary' capability provided, and no binary flag set on the command line","stacktrace":""}}

This should be self explanatory. You can try switching to the 32 bit version of geckodriver, which could solve this. Otherwise, you will need to provide the path to the executable in your capabilities string.

I updated to WinHttp 1.6.4.2.  I also updated to 32 bit version of geckodriver - this did not solve the Exception 10 issue.  I am now trying to "provide path to the executable in capabilities string" but have not been able to figure out how/where to do this.  I've read the "Webdriver>Capabilities" description, but have not been able to make any progress.  Just need a little more guidance here!  Thanks, Doug

GDPR error 0211.jpg

Debug.txt

Please have a look at the wiki, FAQ for WebDriver #6

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Demo is bringing up the GUI menu, but when executed I still have an error.  I believe I have the driver (geckodriver 32B) and the location of the Firefox.exe binary file added correctly.  I had a lot of trouble finding the Firefox.exe location and had to uninstall and reinstall Firefox from the Microsoft Store.  The file location seems weird, but I think it is correct as I got it from the Firefox help menu after installation.  I think my issue is that I don't have the Firefox required capabilities defined correctly, have not been able to find something that works.

So, would like some additional pointer(s) here please.

Doug

Error Text 021323.jpg

Console debug text 021323.txt wd_demo.au3

Yes, I realized that after the previous response.  I have tried to use both methods for Firefox from Q4.  The first method is presently included in the demo script that I attached.  The second method did not solve the issue either (it is still in the script but commented out).  I have searched addition info on Firefox capabilities, some of which I don't understand, but not making progress on this.

32 minutes ago, redrum said:

The first method is presently included in the demo script that I attached.

It's present, but it doesn't get used. That's because the actual capabilities are calculated in this line --

; Execute browser setup routine for user's browser selection
    Local $sCapabilities = Call($aBrowsers[_GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($idBrowsers)][1], $bHeadless)

This calls the setup routine (SetupGecko for Firefox) and constructs the capabilities string using the _WD_Capabilites functions. You should either --

• Adjust the code in SetupGecko to include the desired options
  • Override the value of $sCapabilities *after* the above code is run

Hello again,

This must be something simple but I can't get past this.  I can click on the Sign In link and bring up the sign in form (UN or email), but cannot figure out how to enter data into the element for "Username or email".  Looking at the debug, I see that the element is not selected or displayed.  This may be the issue, but I don't know how to get the element selected, so could use some guidance here.

Thanks

ZACKS dev tsting.au3 console 0219.txt

Making slow progress - Seem to be stuck on 2 issues:

I'm using 2 browser windows with one session (windows, not tabs).  From forum research, I found some code with this statement:

_WD_Attach($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $Hndlzacks & '"}') , and have been using it with some success.  Where is the definition of this type of statement found?  I have been using WebDriver UDF Library extensively, but _WD_Attach in this document does not show these types of options (switch).  This is just an example - I cannot find, in general, the definition of options on many of the functions defined in WebDriver UDF library document.  The W3C spec has been some help, but does not seem to directly relate to the WebDriver UDF functions.  I'm assuming that the UDF commands call on these HTTP Methods.  Can the HTTP Methods be used directly in a WebDriver UDF script?

I have set:  $_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_Info, and it has been logging to the console up until today, now no console comes up.  I updated to the latest WebDriver UDF today, but don't expect this is the issue.  I went back to a couple earlier versions of my script, and still debug did not appear on the console.

Thanks for any direction you can provide here.

28 minutes ago, redrum said:

_WD_Attach($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $Hndlzacks & '"}')

Unsure where you came up with that, but it looks more like the format for _WD_Window, not _WD_Attach. There are examples of the correct usage for _WD_Attach in wd_demo.au3.

I cannot find, in general, the definition of options on many of the functions defined in WebDriver UDF library document.

Not sure that I understand the problem. Have you tried using the help file that is distributed with the UDF? You also have the source code to review so that you can better understand what is occurring "under the hood".

The W3C spec has been some help, but does not seem to directly relate to the WebDriver UDF functions.  I'm assuming that the UDF commands call on these HTTP Methods.  Can the HTTP Methods be used directly in a WebDriver UDF script?

If you review the source code, you will find that each function has an associated header. For example, the following is from _WD_Window --

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _WD_Window
; Description ...: Perform interactions related to the current window.
; Syntax ........: _WD_Window($sSession, $sCommand[, $sOption = Default])
; Parameters ....: $sSession - Session ID from _WD_CreateSession
;                  $sCommand - One of the following actions:
;                  |
;                  |CLOSE      - Close current tab
;                  |FRAME      - Switch to frame
;                  |FULLSCREEN - Set window to fullscreen
;                  |HANDLES    - Get all window handles
;                  |MAXIMIZE   - Maximize window
;                  |MINIMIZE   - Minimize window
;                  |NEW        - Create a new window
;                  |PARENT     - Switch to parent frame
;                  |PRINT      - Generate PDF representation of the paginated document
;                  |RECT       - Get or set the window's size & position
;                  |SCREENSHOT - Take screenshot of window
;                  |SWITCH     - Switch to designated tab
;                  |WINDOW     - Get or set the current window
;                  $sOption  - [optional] a string value. Default is ""
; Return values .: Success - Return value from web driver (could be an empty string).
;                  Failure - "" (empty string) and sets @error to one of the following values:
;                  - $_WD_ERROR_Exception
;                  - $_WD_ERROR_InvalidDataType
; Author ........: Danp2
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......: _WD_LastHTTPResult
; Link ..........: https://www.w3.org/TR/webdriver/#contexts
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================

Notice the link near the bottom? This gives you a reference to the associated W3C specs.

Unsure what "http methods" you are referring to. Please elaborate.