Two fingers scrolling

Learnerr

I am working on windows desktop automation in which two fingers scrolling option is requried to move objects on screen. The single horizontal mouse scrolling is not functioning while I do it manually. So, my question is, is there a way to do two fingers horizontal scrolling based on coordinates in autoIT? Kindly help.

Hi @Learnerr,

do you really talk about fingers on the screen? You have a touch screen with a program were two fingers are needed to move objects in that program, right? Or do you mean mouse actions or gestures? I have a try-and-error variant in mind (regarding the first option), but I have to rethink it before I would tell you nonsense 😅 .

Best regards
Sven

Stay innovative!

Spoiler

🌍 Au3Forums

🎲 AutoIt (en) Cheat Sheet

📊 AutoIt limits/defaults

💎 Code Katas: [...] (comming soon)

🎭 Collection of GitHub users with AutoIt projects

🐞 False-Positives

🔮 Me on GitHub

💬 Opinion about new forum sub category

📑 UDF wiki list

✂ VSCode-AutoItSnippets

📑 WebDriver FAQs

👨‍🏫 WebDriver Tutorial (coming soon)

Two fingers on a trackpad doesn't create 2 sets of coordinates that AutoIt can read/access as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that all of that multi-finger gesturing is handled by the trackpads drivers, and converts the gestures into events/messages for the OS to handle. I would imagine you'd need do some pretty advanced things to get any usable data from multi-point gesturing on a trackpad/screen. Something like https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx.htm

Or: 

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

• 3 weeks later...