Human like mouse movement script

Tyrus

I've been trying to create the most human like mouse movement script possible with multiple characteristics but I'm having trouble
The script can be ran with parameters via the command line, but the script always throws "unknown function name" no matter what..
I figured I was missing imports, so I added them, and yet the issue always seems to remain.

What am I doing wrong here?

#include <Math.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

; Random seed
RandomSeed(@MilliSeconds)

; Define movement characteristics
Global $max_speed = 100 ; Maximum cursor speed
Global $min_speed = 10 ; Minimum cursor speed
Global $max_accel = 10 ; Maximum cursor acceleration
Global $min_accel = 2 ; Minimum cursor acceleration
Global $max_jerk = 10 ; Maximum cursor jerk
Global $min_jerk = 2 ; Minimum cursor jerk
Global $max_pause = 2000 ; Maximum pause time (in milliseconds)
Global $min_pause = 100 ; Minimum pause time (in milliseconds)

; Check command line arguments
If $CmdLine[0] <> 3 Then
    ConsoleWrite("Usage: " & @ScriptName & " x y duration" & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf

; Parse command line arguments
Global $x = $CmdLine[1]
Global $y = $CmdLine[2]
Global $duration = $CmdLine[3]

; Call the MouseMovement function
MouseMovement($x, $y, $duration)

Func MouseMovement($x, $y, $duration)
    ; Calculate movement parameters
    $distance = Sqrt(($x - MouseGetPos(0)) ^ 2 + ($y - MouseGetPos(1)) ^ 2)
    $speed = Random($min_speed, $max_speed)
    $accel = Random($min_accel, $max_accel)
    $jerk = Random($min_jerk, $max_jerk)

; Move the cursor in a random curve
    $t = 0
    While $t <= $duration
        ; Calculate new cursor position
        $pos_x = MouseGetPos(0) + $speed * Cos($t) * Sign($x - MouseGetPos(0))
        $pos_y = MouseGetPos(1) + $speed * Sin($t) * Sign($y - MouseGetPos(1))
        ; Move the cursor to the new position
        _WinAPI_SetCursorPos($pos_x, $pos_y)
        ; Add random perturbations to the cursor movement
        $pos_x += Random(-$jerk, $jerk)
        $pos_y += Random(-$jerk, $jerk)
        ; Wait for a short pause
        Sleep(Random($min_pause, $max_pause))
        ; Update time
        $t += $speed / $distance
    WEnd

; Move the cursor to the final position
    _WinAPI_SetCursorPos($x, $y)
EndFunc

Have you tried running it from Scite ?  Of course you would need to replace command line parameters with static numbers.  I am telling you that because it is the first step in debugging a script.  Here is a hint SRandom.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Have you tried running it from Scite ?  Of course you would need to replace command line parameters with static numbers.  I am telling you that because it is the first step in debugging a script.  Here is a hint SRandom.

I appreciate your response, I only use scite, but yeah it just says "unknown function name" every time I compile it and run it hmm....

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

Have you tried running it from Scite ?  Of course you would need to replace command line parameters with static numbers.

Not necessarily.

Within SciTE you can open a window using SHIFT F8. There you can enter command line parameters  (even several in one line). This is helpful during development. The parameters set are preserved during the SciTE session.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers
5 hours ago, Tyrus said:

I've been trying to create the most human like mouse movement script possible with multiple characteristics but I'm having trouble

...and the purpose of this script is?

- game?

- fool my boss.

- other?   What exactly?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

9 hours ago, Jos said:

...and the purpose of this script is?

- game?

- fool my boss.

- other?   What exactly?

Simply just a class project we are allowed to approach in any way we want, so I thought I'd give this a go in AutoIt

4 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

dang this sucks

Wonder what sucks in here.  Did you even try to run it with Scite ?  Show me a print screen of Scite result and now tell what you do not understand.

I'm curious, did you try to get some AI to write this? I can get ChatGPT to write something pretty similar, but there's some very strange things in your script that make me think you didn't write it. I don't think that there's anything against the rules of the forum with using AI to generate something, though you should probably mention it. It seems like you're pretty unfamiliar with AutoIt or still new to it. If that's the case, using an AI to generate a script is not a good idea, since you have no idea why what it generated is wrong and doesn't work

If you want to learn a bit more about making more 'human' movement, check out something like https://ben.land/post/2021/04/25/windmouse-human-mouse-movement/. I don't see why you couldn't convert something like this into AutoIt, and there's probably already someone that has.

Here's some similar things:

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

11 minutes ago, mistersquirrle said:

I'm curious, did you try to get some AI to write this? I can get ChatGPT to write something pretty similar, but there's some very strange things in your script that make me think you didn't write it. I don't think that there's anything against the rules of the forum with using AI to generate something, though you should probably mention it. It seems like you're pretty unfamiliar with AutoIt or still new to it. If that's the case, using an AI to generate a script is not a good idea, since you have no idea why what it generated is wrong and doesn't work

If you want to learn a bit more about making more 'human' movement, check out something like https://ben.land/post/2021/04/25/windmouse-human-mouse-movement/. I don't see why you couldn't convert something like this into AutoIt, and there's probably already someone that has.

Here's some similar things:

I took a lot of snippets doing research on it I didn't write most of it, but I am trying to understand it
It's just the error it's giving me doesn't help me I'm struggling to understand what it actually means, since the line number it's giving me doesn't even exist lol

2 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

It's just the error it's giving me doesn't help me I'm struggling to understand what it actually means, since the line number it's giving me doesn't even exist lol

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Wonder what sucks in here.  Did you even try to run it with Scite ?  Show me a print screen of Scite result and now tell what you do not understand.

How about you do what Nine is asking, and also if you still have it, links to where you'd grabbed snippets. Seems like you didn't grab everything you need.

7 minutes ago, mistersquirrle said:

How about you do what Nine is asking, and also if you still have it, links to where you'd grabbed snippets. Seems like you didn't grab everything you need.

Seems to be the RandomSeed function causing the issue, but I imported math so I don't understand why it's not working..

Human_Mouse.au3" (6) : ==> Unknown function name.:
RandomSeed(@MilliSeconds)
^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1

Sorry forgot to include this:
https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/Lua/manual.html

I had added the random seed after reading about it in the math function:
math.randomseed

Edited by Tyrus

Keep in mind that what you've referenced is NOT AutoIt, it's its editor, SciTE, which uses LUA: http://lua-users.org/wiki/MathLibraryTutorial

For AutoIt, the main Random function is Random, also I don't know what you're trying to do with RandomSeed. You don't get any output from it, and why would you need to change a seed? Here's AutoIt Randoms function: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Random.htm

Also the Math.au3 file that you've included only has a couple of functions: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/Math Management.htm

And for the output, the line that has an error is 6: RandomSeed(@MilliSeconds)

@MilliSeconds is also not a valid macro: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/macros.htm

In SciTE you can also do Ctrl + F5 to run a syntax/error checker, that should point you to a couple other problems. 

There's enough for you to ponder over for a little bit, see if you can get the script working or at least farther along.

5 minutes ago, mistersquirrle said:

Keep in mind that what you've referenced is NOT AutoIt, it's its editor, SciTE, which uses LUA: http://lua-users.org/wiki/MathLibraryTutorial

For AutoIt, the main Random function is Random, also I don't know what you're trying to do with RandomSeed. You don't get any output from it, and why would you need to change a seed? Here's AutoIt Randoms function: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Random.htm

Also the Math.au3 file that you've included only has a couple of functions: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/Math Management.htm

And for the output, the line that has an error is 6: RandomSeed(@MilliSeconds)

@MilliSeconds is also not a valid macro: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/macros.htm

In SciTE you can also do Ctrl + F5 to run a syntax/error checker, that should point you to a couple other problems. 

There's enough for you to ponder over for a little bit, see if you can get the script working or at least farther along.

Appreciate that, ctrl+F5 should help me a fair bit, I'll get this figured out, thanks!

Edited by Tyrus

I edited the code that I think was not written by you:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

; Random seed
Global $Seed = 1000
SRandom($Seed)  ;Set Seed for random number generation.

Global $aTSR = _GetTotalScreenResolution()
Global $DesktopWidth = $aTSR[0]
Global $DesktopHeight = $aTSR[1]

; Define movement characteristics
Global $max_speed = 100 ; Maximum cursor speed
Global $min_speed = 10 ; Minimum cursor speed
Global $max_accel = 10 ; Maximum cursor acceleration
Global $min_accel = 2 ; Minimum cursor acceleration
Global $max_jerk = 10 ; Maximum cursor jerk
Global $min_jerk = 2 ; Minimum cursor jerk
Global $max_pause = 2000 ; Maximum pause time (in milliseconds)
Global $min_pause = 100 ; Minimum pause time (in milliseconds)

Global $x, $y, $duration
; Check command line arguments
If $CmdLine[0] > 2 Then
    ; Parse command line arguments
    $x = $CmdLine[1]
    $y = $CmdLine[2]
    $duration = $CmdLine[3]
    ; Call the MouseMovement function
    _MouseMovement($x, $y, $duration)
Else
;~  _MouseMovement(100, 200, 10) ; Test
    ConsoleWrite("Usage: " & @ScriptName & " x y duration" & @CRLF)
    Exit
EndIf

Func _MouseMovement($x, $y, $duration)
    ; Calculate movement parameters
    $distance = Sqrt(($x - MouseGetPos(0)) ^ 2 + ($y - MouseGetPos(1)) ^ 2)
    $speed = _iRandom($min_speed, $max_speed)
    $accel = _iRandom($min_accel, $max_accel)
    $jerk = _iRandom($min_jerk, $max_jerk)

; Move the cursor in a random curve
    $t = 0
    While $t <= $duration
        ; Calculate new cursor position
        $pos_x = MouseGetPos(0) + $speed * Cos($t) * Sin($x - MouseGetPos(0))
        $pos_y = MouseGetPos(1) + $speed * Sin($t) * Sin($y - MouseGetPos(1))
        ; Move the cursor to the new position
        ; Add random perturbations to the cursor movement
        $pos_x += _iRandom(-$jerk, $jerk)
        $pos_y += _iRandom(-$jerk, $jerk)
        ; Wait for a short pause
        Sleep(_iRandom($min_pause, $max_pause))
        ; Update time
        $t += $speed / $distance
    WEnd

; Move the cursor to the final position
    _WinAPI_SetCursorPos($x, $y)
EndFunc   ;==>_MouseMovement

Func _WinAPI_SetCursorPos($x, $y)
    If $x < 1 Then $x = 0
    If $x > $DesktopHeight Then $x = $DesktopHeight
    If $y < 1 Then $y = 0
    If $y < $DesktopWidth Then $y = $DesktopWidth
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SetCursorPos", "int", $x, "int", $y)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, MouseMove($x, $y, $min_speed), 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_SetCursorPos

Func _iRandom($x, $y)
    Return Random($x, $y, 1)
EndFunc   ;==>_iRandom

Func _GetTotalScreenResolution()
    Local $aRet[2]
    Global Const $SM_VIRTUALWIDTH = 78,$SM_VIRTUALHEIGHT = 79
    $VirtualDesktopWidth = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetSystemMetrics", "int", $SM_VIRTUALWIDTH)
    If @error Then
        $aRet[0] = @DesktopWidth
    Else
        $aRet[0] = $VirtualDesktopWidth[0]
    EndIf
    $VirtualDesktopHeight = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetSystemMetrics", "int", $SM_VIRTUALHEIGHT)
    If @error Then
        $aRet[1] = @DesktopHeight
    Else
        $aRet[1] = $VirtualDesktopHeight[0]
    EndIf
    Return $aRet
EndFunc   ;==>_GetTotalScreenResolution

Edited by Trong
I'm not good at math!

Regards,

@Trong did you try running that code? It didn't work even remotely for me (even replacing your _WinAPI_SetCursorPos with just MouseMove), it mostly just kept the mouse at the bottom of the screen constantly (moving left/right). Also you've mixed up your @DesktopHeight/@DesktopWidth checks with $x/$y. Your checks in _WinAPI_SetCursorPos limits the usability to just the main monitor as well (at best, at worst it can completely jump the cursor to an undesired location, very un-"human" like). Edit: To be clear, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, the behavior of the cursor/script is mostly not related to what you updated. 

Using MouseMove instead of SetCursorPos just makes the cursor bounce around the screen without a care in the world about making it "human" like, or knowing what a straight line is. So I'll say this, this approach will not work for what you want to accomplish. Feel free to keep studying the structure of it, but the maths are not good.

@Tyrus I again strongly recommend that you check out https://ben.land/post/2021/04/25/windmouse-human-mouse-movement/. I was able to convert this to AutoIt and it work very well for moving the cursor from point a -> b with some jitter and even overshoot and correction. I won't post the code for a couple reasons, but mainly that if this is for your class, it's probably best if you figure it out.

Edited by mistersquirrle

13 hours ago, mistersquirrle said:

@Trong did you try running that code? It didn't work even remotely for me (even replacing your _WinAPI_SetCursorPos with just MouseMove), it mostly just kept the mouse at the bottom of the screen constantly (moving left/right). Also you've mixed up your @DesktopHeight/@DesktopWidth checks with $x/$y. Your checks in _WinAPI_SetCursorPos limits the usability to just the main monitor as well (at best, at worst it can completely jump the cursor to an undesired location, very un-"human" like). Edit: To be clear, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, the behavior of the cursor/script is mostly not related to what you updated. 

Using MouseMove instead of SetCursorPos just makes the cursor bounce around the screen without a care in the world about making it "human" like, or knowing what a straight line is. So I'll say this, this approach will not work for what you want to accomplish. Feel free to keep studying the structure of it, but the maths are not good.

@Tyrus I again strongly recommend that you check out https://ben.land/post/2021/04/25/windmouse-human-mouse-movement/. I was able to convert this to AutoIt and it work very well for moving the cursor from point a -> b with some jitter and even overshoot and correction. I won't post the code for a couple reasons, but mainly that if this is for your class, it's probably best if you figure it out.

Yeah rather than help me it's best you make me do it on my own, cheers mate good job!