Click on new window that appears with the same title

Hello,

here's what I am trying to do: I want Anydesk to run permanently in the background for me, and if this application is not running, that it will be started.

I have the working code for this, that works.

But now, when a connection request arrives, I want Autoit to always accept it automatically. But the new window that appears has the same title, so I'm having trouble making that happen.

In short: I want to write a code that firstly checks (first goal) if Anydesk is running in the background and if not, that it starts that and secondly that always accepts connection requests (so even after disconnecting from the other device, for example).

This is the code I tried it with (works until the first goal):

While 1
    If Not ProcessExists('AnyDesk.exe') Then
        Run('C:\Program Files (x86)\AnyDesk\AnyDesk.exe')
    EndIf

Sleep(250)

If WinExists("AnyDesk", "[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]") Then
        WinActivate("AnyDesk", "[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]")
        WinWaitActive("AnyDesk", "[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]")
        sleep(1500)
        ControlClick('AnyDesk', '', '[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]')
    EndIf
WEnd

Check out WinList: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/WinList.htm

You can keep an array of windows so you know which ones exist, and use WinList to see if there's a new window with the same title, or just loop through all of the windows to see if there's one to do some action on.

Also, you're using most of these Win* functions wrong, the second parameter is for window text, but you're passing in Control names/classes, which will likely make none of those window functions work. Just use an empty string ('') for the text field, unless you use the AutoIt Window Info tool to verify the text in the window ( like "Accept Connection" ).

So try something like this:

AutoItSetOption('WinTitleMatchMode', 2) ; 2 = Match any substring in the title

Global $aWinList = WinList('AnyDesk')
Global $hCtrl

While 1
    EndIf

Sleep(250)

$aWinList = WinList('AnyDesk')
    If IsArray($aWinList) And $aWinList[0][0] > 0 Then
        For $iWindow = 1 To $aWinList[0][0]
            ConsoleWrite('Checking window ' & $aWinList[$iWindow][1] & ', title: ' & $aWinList[$iWindow][0] & @CRLF)
            $hCtrl = ControlGetHandle($aWinList[$iWindow][1], '', '[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]') ; Use the window handle from the list, and check for the Control for the button you want, see if it exists. Hopefully it only exists on the window that you want
            If Not @error Then ; Only do something if the control was found
                ConsoleWrite('Button found ' & $hCtrl & ', clicking...' & @CRLF)
                ControlClick('AnyDesk', '', $hCtrl)
                Sleep(1000)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
WEnd

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

6 hours ago, mistersquirrle said:

Check out WinList: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/WinList.htm

You can keep an array of windows so you know which ones exist, and use WinList to see if there's a new window with the same title, or just loop through all of the windows to see if there's one to do some action on.

Also, you're using most of these Win* functions wrong, the second parameter is for window text, but you're passing in Control names/classes, which will likely make none of those window functions work. Just use an empty string ('') for the text field, unless you use the AutoIt Window Info tool to verify the text in the window ( like "Accept Connection" ).

So try something like this:

AutoItSetOption('WinTitleMatchMode', 2) ; 2 = Match any substring in the title

Global $aWinList = WinList('AnyDesk')
Global $hCtrl

While 1
    EndIf

Sleep(250)

$aWinList = WinList('AnyDesk')
    If IsArray($aWinList) And $aWinList[0][0] > 0 Then
        For $iWindow = 1 To $aWinList[0][0]
            ConsoleWrite('Checking window ' & $aWinList[$iWindow][1] & ', title: ' & $aWinList[$iWindow][0] & @CRLF)
            $hCtrl = ControlGetHandle($aWinList[$iWindow][1], '', '[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]') ; Use the window handle from the list, and check for the Control for the button you want, see if it exists. Hopefully it only exists on the window that you want
            If Not @error Then ; Only do something if the control was found
                ConsoleWrite('Button found ' & $hCtrl & ', clicking...' & @CRLF)
                ControlClick('AnyDesk', '', $hCtrl)
                Sleep(1000)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
WEnd

That didn't work sadly, but I will use the more "easier solution" below. Thanks for your help though!

Definitely, if there's an easier way to do what you want, take it for sure. I'm not familiar with AnyDesk.

If you do ever go back to the code though, the problem that may exist with what I posted is the ControlId "[CLASS:basic_button#9; INSTANCE:1]". I don't use AnyDesk so can't test but "basic_button#9" seems odd to me. So if you do some back to it double check what the button ID is in the AutoIt Window Info tool.

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.