Autoit Help

HI folks, I am still a noob to Autoit but I find it very helpful. However I am having a problem right now and I dont know if autoit can help me solve the problem.

the question is if I am able to have the program type a key stroke or a tring of keys for me in loops. for instance, if I have a notepad file open on the right hand side of the screen and then I use MouseMove(x,y) and then MouseClick("left") to get the notepad program focused and then I would like to enter some character texts, like "a", "b" or " " <-- a space and so on. How can I do that? I thought I read through the help file but I didnt see anything that is doing a key stroke inputing.

please help me out and thanks a lot guys!

HI folks, I am still a noob to Autoit but I find it very helpful. However I am having a problem right now and I dont know if autoit can help me solve the problem.

the question is if I am able to have the program type a key stroke or a tring of keys for me in loops. for instance, if I have a notepad file open on the right hand side of the screen and then I use MouseMove(x,y) and then MouseClick("left") to get the notepad program focused and then I would like to enter some character texts, like "a", "b" or " " <-- a space and so on. How can I do that? I thought I read through the help file but I didnt see anything that is doing a key stroke inputing.

InputBox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displays an input box to ask the user to enter a string.

InputBox ( "title", "Prompt" [, "Default" [, "password char" [, Width, Height [, Left, Top [, TimeOut]]]]] )

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

For your question the answer is Send() and/or ControlSend().

Another thing you may want to look into instead of using a mouse click to bring it active are the Win*() functions (like WinActivate()).

I hope that helps,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

For your question the answer is Send() and/or ControlSend().

Another thing you may want to look into instead of using a mouse click to bring it active are the Win*() functions (like WinActivate()).

I hope that helps,

JS

Thanks sooo much, I didnt expect its called send. hehe was searching for Char / String / Input / Key / Stroke and so on. Thanks again!

Thanks sooo much, I didnt expect its called send. hehe was searching for Char / String / Input / Key / Stroke and so on. Thanks again!

No problem. I ran into the same thing when I first started :lmao:.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)