multiple regreads within If..then..else statement

dbecker

I dunno if it's just a problem with syntax but I can't get this statement to fly..

If RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\VirusScan Enterprise", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\VirusScan", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\VirusScan", "")
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McAfee", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Network Associates", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee", "")
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppPaths", "") 
Then MsgBox (0, "Please Read", "Setup has detected that you have a version of McAfee AntiVirus software on your computer, which may interfere with Norton. Please contact the Support Desk for assistance.")
Exit
Else
DirCreate("C:\NavInstall")
EndIf
;Compile NAV Install Files
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\instmsiw.exe", "C:\NavInstall\instmsiw.exe")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Setup.exe", "C:\NavInstall\Setup.exe")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Data1.cab", "C:\NavInstall\Data1.cab")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\VDefHub.zip", "C:\NavInstall\VDefHub.zip")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\0x0409.ini", "C:\NavInstall\0x0409.ini")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Setup.ini", "C:\NavInstall\Setup.ini")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Symantec Antivirus.msi", "C:\NavInstall\Symantec Antivirus.msi")

;Compile Autoit Script to install NAV
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\Norton 10 au3 installer\Navinstall.exe", "C:\NavInstall\Navinstall.exe")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\Norton 10 au3 installer\NavinstallDry.exe", "C:\NavInstall\NavinstallDry.exe")

;Completion Message Box
;MsgBox(0, "Norton Installation", "Norton Antivirus will now be installed. Please Click OK to continue...")

;Waits for the user to click ok on the message box before proceeding
;WinWaitClose("Norton Installation")

Dim $response

$response = MsgBox(4, "Installation Options", "Do you have an older version of APU's Norton Antivirus currently installed on your computer?")

If $response = 6 Then
   Run("C:\NavInstall\Navinstall.exe")

Else
   Run ("C:\NavInstall\NavinstallDry.exe")
   EndIf

"I wish I could say something that was classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco, The Replacements

I dunno if it's just a problem with syntax but I can't get this statement to fly..

If RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\VirusScan Enterprise", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\VirusScan", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\VirusScan", "")
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McAfee", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Network Associates", "") 
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee", "")
    Or
   RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppPaths", "") 
Then MsgBox (0, "Please Read", "Setup has detected that you have a version of McAfee AntiVirus software on your computer, which may interfere with Norton. Please contact the Support Desk for assistance.")
Exit
Else
DirCreate("C:\NavInstall")
EndIf
;Compile NAV Install Files
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\instmsiw.exe", "C:\NavInstall\instmsiw.exe")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Setup.exe", "C:\NavInstall\Setup.exe")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Data1.cab", "C:\NavInstall\Data1.cab")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\VDefHub.zip", "C:\NavInstall\VDefHub.zip")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\0x0409.ini", "C:\NavInstall\0x0409.ini")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Setup.ini", "C:\NavInstall\Setup.ini")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\SAV\Symantec Antivirus.msi", "C:\NavInstall\Symantec Antivirus.msi")

;Compile Autoit Script to install NAV
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\Norton 10 au3 installer\Navinstall.exe", "C:\NavInstall\Navinstall.exe")
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Norton Installer\Norton 10 au3 installer\NavinstallDry.exe", "C:\NavInstall\NavinstallDry.exe")

;Completion Message Box
;MsgBox(0, "Norton Installation", "Norton Antivirus will now be installed. Please Click OK to continue...")

;Waits for the user to click ok on the message box before proceeding
;WinWaitClose("Norton Installation")

Dim $response

$response = MsgBox(4, "Installation Options", "Do you have an older version of APU's Norton Antivirus currently installed on your computer?")

If $response = 6 Then
   Run("C:\NavInstall\Navinstall.exe")

Else
   Run ("C:\NavInstall\NavinstallDry.exe")
   EndIf
alot of langugages limit how many conditions you can make for an if statement, i haven't run into a limit with autoit, but i haven't tried having that many conditions either. one thing you're going to run into issues with though, is that the condition will always evaluate to true, as regread() will never return a 0, unless the value of the key being read is 0

alot of langugages limit how many conditions you can make for an if statement, i haven't run into a limit with autoit, but i haven't tried having that many conditions either. one thing you're going to run into issues with though, is that the condition will always evaluate to true, as regread() will never return a 0, unless the value of the key being read is 0

yeah, that may be the case. the error message says that it's an If statement w/out a Then, and marks the error at the first regread statement. I think I have a way to work around this, I just wanted to see if I was just doing something blatantly incorrect.

"I wish I could say something that was classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco, The Replacements

yeah, that may be the case. the error message says that it's an If statement w/out a Then, and marks the error at the first regread statement. I think I have a way to work around this, I just wanted to see if I was just doing something blatantly incorrect.

well it doesn't look like you're using the line continuation character: "_" to let the compiler know to carry down multiple lines. you also have a statement on the same line as your 'then' so it will only execute that one statement if it does recognize it as a valid 'Then". the thing to do would be to put all of your 'condition1 or condition2 or ..." on one long line, then move the statement after the "Then" down one line.

well it doesn't look like you're using the line continuation character: "_" to let the compiler know to carry down multiple lines. you also have a statement on the same line as your 'then' so it will only execute that one statement if it does recognize it as a valid 'Then". the thing to do would be to put all of your 'condition1 or condition2 or ..." on one long line, then move the statement after the "Then" down one line.

ahh heh heh that did it. wunderbar.

ahh heh heh that did it. wunderbar.

np, glad to help

***edit*** also about my note before, the numbers i saw in the help file for the returns are not actually the returns, but the @error code. on failure, 0 IS returned, so a failed regread will fail your condition as you intend.

Edited by cameronsdad