Problem with RunAs() and Windows 22h2

Hello,

since the Windows 22h2 update, my Autoit script using the RunAs() function as an administrator no longer works. It works fine on previous versions of Windows. Do you know if this update has changed a security rule that prevents Autoit from performing a RunAs() as an administrator? I haven't found any information about it.

Edition    Windows 10 Pro,   Version  22H2

I just checked it, with Local Account it works fine. You only need to enter the password and not the PIN

KXW17C9.png

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Change the username and password to the appropriate values for your system.
    Local $sUserName = "UserName"
    Local $sPassword = "password" ;* <- Password, not the Windows Hello PIN

; Run Notepad with the window maximized. Notepad is run under the user previously specified.
    Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, $RUN_LOGON_NOPROFILE, "notepad.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.
    WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)

; Wait for 2 seconds.
    Sleep(2000)

; Close the Notepad process using the PID returned by RunAs.
    ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

I know that I know nothing

Thank you, but I forgot to mention that the AutoIt script is executed on computers within a domain, and the administrator account is local to the computers. With this configuration, it no longer works.

Same result, cmd.exe open but not as administrator same for notepad++.

I haven't had this problem on versions other than 22H2.

Local $sTaskName = "MaTachePlanifieeTEST"
Local $sTaskCommand = RunAs("administrateur",@ComputerName,"*****",0, "cmd.exe")

; Enregistre la tâche planifiée
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c schtasks.exe /create /tn "' & $sTaskName & '" /tr "' & $sTaskCommand & '" /sc minute /mo 1', "", @SW_HIDE)

If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Erreur", "Erreur lors de la création de la tâche planifiée.")
Else
    MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Succès", "La tâche planifiée a été créée avec succès.")
EndIf

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

This is Manoj. Anyone has a proper solution for this problem. I am in the situation when I run the script as RunAs with local admin creds the script is getting paused. I used #RequireAdmin , but it prompts for user to enter password. I am running in a windows domain environment , so I cant give the local admin password to use. I am running this AutoIT script using the GPO.

Any help would be much appreciated to get this problem sorted.

Regards

Manoj Joseph