Scripts All Paused ? Nonsense Problem..

Guest bidon

Guest bidon

This has to be something really silly. all my scripts on win2k machines have stopped running, the command run exit, the autoit icons stays in the icon bar and if I right click on it, it has a check mark on "Script paused". Even the one liner hello world example as follows does nothing. if I try to remove the check mark on the script icon, it goes with a red cross and nothing happen either. What did I do ??

running from win2k machine, cmd prompt in autoit dir

AutoIt3.exe test.au3

where test.au3:

; This is my first script

MsgBox(0, "My First Script!", "Hello World!")

Note a funny thing, it runs on my XP machine ?!??!?!??!?!

I also added the option to have the line for debug and nothing gets displayed as if the script either did not start, or exited without being run, anyway to step through this ?

:iamstupid: ^2

Edited by bidon

Guest bidon

Followup to my own question:

Is there is any requirement at all for Autoit3 to run, it is my understanding that as docs says, it does not depend on any dll, hence no install or anything is needed anyway. I using the latest version of Autoit3 (march).

Still no solution in view, would appreciate if sombody would be kind enough to suggest the recommended debuggin method for these script (the line show option did not help), is there is any tool to step execute, or any method to debug the issue, I am sure I did not think of everything ;-)

Thanks.

• 4 years later...

This has to be something really silly. all my scripts on win2k machines have stopped running, the command run exit, the autoit icons stays in the icon bar and if I right click on it, it has a check mark on "Script paused". Even the one liner hello world example as follows does nothing. if I try to remove the check mark on the script icon, it goes with a red cross and nothing happen either. What did I do ??

running from win2k machine, cmd prompt in autoit dir

AutoIt3.exe test.au3

where test.au3:

; This is my first script

MsgBox(0, "My First Script!", "Hello World!")

Note a funny thing, it runs on my XP machine ?!??!?!??!?!

I also added the option to have the line for debug and nothing gets displayed as if the script either did not start, or exited without being run, anyway to step through this ?

:iamstupid: ^2

I have run into this issue myself. I had no issue running anything until just about 6 weeks ago. I am going to assume that some system update broke something. I am running on Vista, and I can get some of the scripts to work if I reboot immediately before running the script, avoid using the escape key, cross my fingers, sacrifice to ancient gods and just get lucky. Nothing changed on my scripts, so something had to have changed in the OS. I haven't figured it out, but I will post if I find anything.