Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3

Valuater

"it should open in their default editor..."

Thats the tough one for me... MHz can probably help there too!

thx

8)

you mean you don't want it to open in their default editor? If so, I don't see why, but you could use the same code above, but instead of that reg key, use

HKCR\Applications\SciTE.exe\shell\open\command

that should force it to open in scite, if the user has it installed...

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

you mean you don't want it to open in their default editor? If so, I don't see why, but you could use the same code above, but instead of that reg key, use

HKCR\Applications\SciTE.exe\shell\open\command

that should force it to open in scite, if the user has it installed...

Yes, I want it to open in SciTE... it is set that way now, its the "default" editor I may have a problem with

Also, in Steps 1-2-3, #1 is get Autoit, get beta and then get SciTE

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Yes, I want it to open in SciTE... it is set that way now, its the "default" editor I may have a problem with

Also, in Steps 1-2-3, #1 is get Autoit, get beta and then get SciTE

8)

I know the steps, but still, some people don't like scite ( :shocked: ) so I thought it seemed natural to just have it open with the default editor associated with .au3 files.....don't see how the could cause a problem.

But anyway, how about the second key I gave you, for scite. Will that work?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I know the steps, but still, some people don't like scite ( :shocked: ) so I thought it seemed natural to just have it open with the default editor associated with .au3 files.....don't see how the could cause a problem.

But anyway, how about the second key I gave you, for scite. Will that work?

Thats exactly where the problem is...

The reg-key you gave me for SciTE amy work.. but, it won't work if it is not installed or the "default" editor

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Thats exactly where the problem is...

The reg-key you gave me for SciTE amy work.. but, it won't work if it is not installed or the "default" editor

8)

but it will still work if it's the default editor, won't it? it's just a key to scite... it's not a key leading to the default editor...it always goes to scite.

and as for if it's not installed...what did you expect? :shocked:

2007-03-20 14:34:52 : ********** New Registry ************

2007-03-20 14:34:52 : AutoIt Screen Name> df

2007-03-20 14:34:52 : AutoIt Member Number> 123

2007-03-20 14:34:52 : User Location> Canada

2007-03-20 14:34:52 : ********** End Registry ************

2007-03-20 14:34:52 : Ver 1.3.0

2007-03-20 14:34:52 :

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : ********** Exam Level Three ************

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : Number of Attempts> 19

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : Exam Scores> 65,65,70,75,80,75,85,90,85,90,85,85,85,85,85,95,90,90,100 ( 100 Points Max )

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : Accumulated Errors> 0

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : Point Score> 12 ( 333 Points Max )

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : ********** End Exam Report ************

2007-04-12 09:48:37 :

2007-04-12 09:48:37 : Overall Point Score> 596 ( 1000 Points Max )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I am really really new to AutoIt (basically new to any programming). I have done the tutorials in the AutoIt Help and found other tutorials to do. I could use some help learning.

Any ways, I searched how to learn to scripting in Autoit and this is what I have found. AutoIt 1-2-3. I unzipped it but it would have semi-colon errors and others. Is it because I have the new version?

Thanks in Advance.

Hey Guys,

I am really really new to AutoIt (basically new to any programming). I have done the tutorials in the AutoIt Help and found other tutorials to do. I could use some help learning.

Any ways, I searched how to learn to scripting in Autoit and this is what I have found. AutoIt 1-2-3. I unzipped it but it would have semi-colon errors and others. Is it because I have the new version?

Thanks in Advance.

The semi-colon errors are because that script was not meant to "run" its just "visual" readable information

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Oh okay, so how do I get it to work?

its an exe file, it demonstrates use...

Sometimes people install Autoit to "Run" with a double-click, This system was designed for Autoit to "Edit" when double clicked, other than that, it should run fine, again, it is an exe file

8)

NEWHeader1.png

its an exe file, it demonstrates use...

Sometimes people install Autoit to "Run" with a double-click, This system was designed for Autoit to "Edit" when double clicked, other than that, it should run fine, again, it is an exe file

8)

Yep, I have it running. When I click SciTE Editor in Step Two.

I get the the following error:

Line 14 (C:.....)

no semi-colon is used for commands.

^ ERROR

Error: Error parsing function call.

Sorry, I am a little slow.

Edited by Hazer