Welcome to AutoIt 1-2-3

Valuater

I really loved this tutorial. Great way to learn the basics of AutoIT. Kudos!

Inspired by the exam you have I decided to make one myself. I hoped that you could share the exam you've made, so that I don't have to start from scratch. If you rather not I absolutely understand considering the amount of effort you put in. But if you don't mind sharing it would save me alot of time! Thanks in advanche.

I tried to send you a PM Valuater, but it doesn't seem to be working. So below is my PM

Dear Valuater,

I was really impressed with your tutorial on AutoIT. Without this I really wouldn't figure out how to make a script with AutoIT. So first of I would like to thank you for all the effort you put in to this community.

The real reason I'm writing this message is because I'm pretty jealous of the exam you made with AutoIT. I'm trying to make something like that, but it isn't going really fast. I'm just working a month with AutoIT and made several scripts, but I'm afraid this is a bit above my level. Therefore I really hope that you would want to share your AutoIT exam script with me. I really would love to see a template for an exam. I searched the forums for something a like, but couldn't find anything.

Of course I can imagine that you don't want to share your work, since you put a lot of effort in it. I won't blame you for that, but I really hope you consider helping me with this. Of course I would give you credits for providing the template if that makes you happy :blink:.

Anyway I hope you consider helping me. If not, thanks anyway for providing such a powerfull learning tool for AutoIT!

With kind regards,

Rick Leunisse

Thank you...

I did get your email. Sorry for not responding as I am working on an "Internet Cafe" right now and it is taking all of my time.

I will try to get you a sample script by next week.

8)

Thanks for your reply :blink: . I would really appriciate that a lot!

There are many ways to accomplish this, I just wrote this up real quick.

Global $Q_List = "Do you have a drivers license?, Were you born on earth?, Are you under 100 years of age?, Do you have teeth?"
; just add as many questions as you want above... 8)
Global $Question = StringSplit($Q_List, ",")
Global $Q_Count = $Question[0] + 1
Global $Label[$Q_Count], $input[$Q_Count], $answer[$Q_Count]

$GUI = GUICreate("My GUI")

$top = 20
For $x = 1 To $Q_Count - 1

$Label[$x] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Question[$x], 20, $top, 200, 20)
    $input[$x] = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 250, $top, 50)
    GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Yes")
    $top += 20

Next

$Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Test", 100, 300, 100, 30)
GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $msg
        Case -3
            Exit
        Case $Button
            Check_it()
    EndSwitch

WEnd

Func Check_it()

For $x = 1 To $Q_Count - 1

$answer[$x] = GUICtrlRead($input[$x])
        MsgBox(0, "Answer " & $x, $answer[$x] & "    ", 5)

Next

EndFunc   ;==>Check_it

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• 1 month later...

WXP-II ,

block Popups and nags .

Open Windows FIREWALL , create AutoIt scripts to better control this area .

Ultimately , rely only on Autoit scripts to run WXP , so completly ,

Virus is IMPOSSIBLE . Because Bill Gates wrote the only real VIRUS , that

forced execution of apps ( I.E. email OutHouseExpress ) . The Public need not use

Cleaners nor anti-virus , if thoughtful AutoIt scripts are guarding

WXP . In essence , AutoIt can stop all Bill Gates and Google MALWARE .

• 5 weeks later...

I downloaded it but couldn't use the GUI as it kept trying to install a beta version, as a newbie ill stick to a normal version i don't need complications from a beta version.

I already have the latest version installed as of this morning but it didn't seem to recognize it was there.

Thanks for trying though.

Chimaera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why does this look for the beta version of AutoIt? According to the website, the beta is older than the release version, anyway...

It isn't always that way. Just right now there are no newer betas

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im still on this i never seen before.. great work! now the feedback

1. Why tictactoe web??

F:\Agustin\autoit\autoit123\Lessons\Lesson-3.au3(35,81) : WARNING: $ACS_AUTOPLAY: possibly used before declaration.
GuiCtrlCreateAvi(@ScriptDir & "\sampleAVI.avi",0, 180, 10, 32, 32, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
F:\Agustin\autoit\autoit123\Lessons\Lesson-3.au3(116,68) : WARNING: $TVS_CHECKBOXES: possibly used before declaration.
$treeTwo = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(295, 290, 103, 80, $TVS_CHECKBOXES)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
F:\Agustin\autoit\autoit123\Lessons\Lesson-3.au3(35,81) : ERROR: $ACS_AUTOPLAY: undeclared global variable.
GuiCtrlCreateAvi(@ScriptDir & "\sampleAVI.avi",0, 180, 10, 32, 32, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
F:\Agustin\autoit\autoit123\Lessons\Lesson-3.au3 - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)

3. It need a hotkey to shut the voice and get out of that function... i pass several minutes listen.. -.-

4. What is "AutoIt Member Number?? i dont have one of those

5. Opt("GUICloseOnESC",0)

6. theres some autoit bugs, about clicking a button when the script is on a function, when the function exits all the click come togheter(right now!! over me (beatles):huh2:)

7. MOuse Position breack.... page not found

8. Notepad exampleS doesnt work for me .... that is odd

9. Tabu!!!!!! Game BOTs!... and agein -.- i press ESC key and the demo ended

...Anyway this is just a fun review i know the script is old and outdated.. im going to play http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/curveball.php a little bye bye

... Maybe later i try to fix this tuto is a very good demo

Edited by monoscout999

• 3 months later...

Just downloaded 1-2-3. Gots a bit of an issue(yes I said gots)

1. Audio issues - figured out how to turn this off

2. I can't read all of the text in the GUI, will call them pages,; Page 1 the text disapears on the right side, I can see the top of "1-2-3 Steps", but not all of the text is visible, Page 2(after click next) right above the "Run Demo" button there is what appears to be the top of text but I can't tell what it is, Page 3 (exam page) there appears to be text after question 10 but not sure

(not sure what the text stuff is about but turns out the page2/3 stuff is just wierd stuff that shows not actual text)

On page 2 I click show me scite editor and get an error at line 18 in lesson-1.au3, and editor doesn't open, did I perhaps unzip this to the wrong place?

Edited by tigerray00