Logging characters wich are typed

I am looking for a way to keep track of the typed characters and then wich can be past anywhere.

For an example,

if i press the hotkey PgUp it will send "hello"

Is it possible to press PAUSE and then capture the sentence wich is typed and then again the key PAUSE.

Then the variable contains the sentence wich i have typed between the PAUSE?

So i can create a Hotkey INSERT for example wich past the sentence?

I hope you guys understand what i mean and can help me with this.

I think i have to work with strings or some kind, but i am not that far witch AutoIT to get this problem solved on my own.

I am looking for a way to keep track of the typed characters and then wich can be past anywhere.

For an example,

if i press the hotkey PgUp it will send "hello"

Is it possible to press PAUSE and then capture the sentence wich is typed and then again the key PAUSE.

Then the variable contains the sentence wich i have typed between the PAUSE?

So i can create a Hotkey INSERT for example wich past the sentence?

I hope you guys understand what i mean and can help me with this.

I think i have to work with strings or some kind, but i am not that far witch AutoIT to get this problem solved on my own.

Why not just use InputBox.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

i laughed. basically what you're asking for is a key logger, noone will help with that. your best bet is to setup hotkeys that send specific strings (perhaps you could have it read the strings from an .ini) to your game window.

Some people always think worse case scenerio. For my case i won't use it as a keylogger, but if you people won't help because it looks in far far way like a keylogger then ok so be it.

Then every script can be dangerous, so what is the point.

You know how in Harry Potter they aren't allowed to say that one guys name... That is kindof how it works with Keyloggers here.. So from now on every one shouldn't use the word keylogger but the phrase: The word that must not be spoken

That would really make it funny.

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

What he is trying to say is basically that what you are wanting is a small scale word that must not be spoken. Now that aside. It is completely possible to create the word that must not be spoken in AutoIt, but dont expect help doing so. Some people will help thats not a problem, but some wont.

What you need to do is get more aquainted with AutoIt, and this will be a breeze for you.

I recommend that you look at the HotKeySet(), Send(), Search the forums and beta release for _IsPressed(). These 3 functions should give you an idea of how to get on your way.

I hope this helps in some way. I have no problem with what you are trying to accomplish, but you need to get some script going.

Edit: Edited to accomodate flaxcrack's request :lmao:.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Some people always think worse case scenerio. For my case i won't use it as a keylogger, but if you people won't help because it looks in far far way like a keylogger then ok so be it.

Then every script can be dangerous, so what is the point.

i'm sorry if you don't see the relation between 'record everything i type' and 'record everything someone else types' it's not a very big leap,and just because YOUR intentions may be genuine, that doesn't mean that the person who reads the solution will be trying to record their own keystrokes.

Based on your original description the code below will fulfil your needs.

Global $text, $text1
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "Input")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("{END}", "Show")

;;;; Body of program would go here;;;;
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
;;;;;;;;

Func Input()
    $text = InputBox("","Type your message")
    ClipPut($text)
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Func Show()
    Run("notepad.exe")
    WinWait("Untitled")
    $text1 = ClipGet()
    ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", $text1)
EndFunc

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

No one liked my joke :lmao:

sure we did, i was posting my response when your joke went up, but i hadn't used the word that must not be spoken so i couldn't just edit it in. We should petition to have that implemented so that if the word is written, it's replaced by that phrase. that would be awesome. And maybe we could put in a feature so that if enough people vote to change someone's name, it's changed automatically, say from "Sim" to "LaughAtMeImAJackass". Sad to pick on someone who's not here to defend themselves i know, but the benefit to it is that noone will have to read a response from him, so it's kind of a wash.

Based on your original description the code below will fulfil your needs.

Global $text, $text1
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "Input")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("{END}", "Show")

;;;; Body of program would go here;;;;
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
;;;;;;;;

Func Input()
    $text = InputBox("","Type your message")
    ClipPut($text)
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Func Show()
    Run("notepad.exe")
    WinWait("Untitled")
    $text1 = ClipGet()
    ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", $text1)
EndFunc
This example from the help file i already used for pre-defined sentences, but you give it a nice twist with the input field. I will try to get those functions wich are said before to get them in a working script. At least i know in wich direction i can search. I am trying to read as much examples as i can and hopefully understand it a little by a little.

It gives a nice way of saying the things wich may not be said.

I liked it. ;)

Did you see the edit to my post? lol... I loved it.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)