Weird problem with simple RunAsSet script

ROcHE

I am using a very simple RunAsSet script to execute some older application in administrator mode. Everything works perfectly except for one thing.

When the user tries to save a document and want to create a new folder (using the create folder button in the save as dialog box) nothing happens. You cannot name the new folder. If you go back in the directory tree (from \test\test to \test for example) and then return to \test\test (using the back and forward button of the save as dialog) then you see "New Folder".

If you try to erase it nothing happens, but if you do the same (going back one level and then forward) the folder is deleted. I tried with a couple computers and it's always the same. Windows XP or 2000, same problem. I just tried it on my home computer with MS Paint and I have the exact same behavior.

Here is the script I'm using:

; Set the RunAs parameters to use local adminstrator account

RunAsSet("Administrator", @Computername, "password")

; Run cadkey as admin

RunWait("c:\windows\system32\paint.exe")

; Reset user's permissions

RunAsSet()

Any idea? Thanks!

Some views but no reply.. Am I the only one with that problem?

Anyone feels like trying my simple script and see if they get the same behavior?

It made the folders on mine after I closed the application and it made them in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrators\My Documents\My Pictures folder. But like I said it happenend after I closed the application.

If all else fails you could use

RunWait('runas /user:administrator "mspain.ext"')

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

Some views but no reply.. Am I the only one with that problem?

Anyone feels like trying my simple script and see if they get the same behavior?

Okay, this is the deal. It isn't that the folders or files aren't being created because they are it is just that when you are creating the the thumbs.db isn't being updated for your user. If you were to go out of that folder and then back into it is then updated for you and then you can see the information that was just created. AutoIT doesn't handel the same way as the RUNAS command does. Just use the RunWait() like I told you to and all will be good.

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

Okay, this is the deal. It isn't that the folders or files aren't being created because they are it is just that when you are creating the the thumbs.db isn't being updated for your user. If you were to go out of that folder and then back into it is then updated for you and then you can see the information that was just created. AutoIT doesn't handel the same way as the RUNAS command does. Just use the RunWait() like I told you to and all will be good.

I will try that tonight and come back with results.

Thanks!

Well I get the same results with runas. Even if I try to use runas manually from the command prompt.

It seems my problem resides in the thumb file as you said. If anyone has another idea that would be appreciated. In the mean time I will look around if this is a known issue with runas.

Well I get the same results with runas. Even if I try to use runas manually from the command prompt.

It seems my problem resides in the thumb file as you said. If anyone has another idea that would be appreciated. In the mean time I will look around if this is a known issue with runas.

Yeah, I wonder if Microsoft is aware of this. What is the real application you are trying to do this with? Is this for some type of image deoplyment with new user right policys? Let me know.

Yeah, I wonder if Microsoft is aware of this. What is the real application you are trying to do this with? Is this for some type of image deoplyment with new user right policys? Let me know.

Sorry for the delay.

It's an old CAD application (Cadkey 19). It won't work without admin privileges.