Hide Folders

With AutoIt you can use FileSetAttrib, see the help file for syntax etc.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Tyvm for the FileSetAttrib it can unhide the folders :lmao:

but cant hide on same way as the programs..

For most users needs it is sufficient.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

its very usefull too i didnt even know there was something like that in autoit tyvm for this infomation :lmao:

you can also just set your folder options to display system and hidden files. in any explorer folder, go up to tools>folder options, and it's about 1/4 of the way down on the view tab as radio buttons. I have a script at home that i use for hiding/displaying folders that i don't want people to be able to access. i set the folders and items to hidden, then in group policy editor i disable folder options. So when i want to access those files, my script runs gpedit.msc, then disables the local policy, opens an explorer window, and sets the option in folder options. to re-hide, the script toggles the show system files, and unchecks the disable local policy check boxes in gpedit.msc. I do it that way just because if someone that shouldn't see files files gets advice on how to look for them, the people they'd ask may know about folder options, but not group policy.

you can also just set your folder options to display system and hidden files. in any explorer folder, go up to tools>folder options, and it's about 1/4 of the way down on the view tab as radio buttons. I have a script at home that i use for hiding/displaying folders that i don't want people to be able to access. i set the folders and items to hidden, then in group policy editor i disable folder options. So when i want to access those files, my script runs gpedit.msc, then disables the local policy, opens an explorer window, and sets the option in folder options. to re-hide, the script toggles the show system files, and unchecks the disable local policy check boxes in gpedit.msc. I do it that way just because if someone that shouldn't see files files gets advice on how to look for them, the people they'd ask may know about folder options, but not group policy.

i didnt want to hide i wanted to show folders.. but ty anyway

• 1 year later...

How about Hide Folder v.3.0? Posted Image'>

how would he write a trojan if he is a barely a noobie , you expect him to write a trojan askin those type of questions , in what world do you live on retard . i ve never met a person who knows how to do trojans without knowing how to hide a folder

• Moderators

how would he write a trojan if he is a barely a noobie , you expect him to write a trojan askin those type of questions , in what world do you live on retard . i ve never met a person who knows how to do trojans without knowing how to hide a folder

Have you lost your mind? Where did this tangent come from?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

dude are you retarded , i dont know of anybody who could write a trojan by not knowing basic stuff like that. A trojan is not a simple thing to do retard. It seems like you dont really know how a trojan is made.

He's a retard? You're the one arguing with a 12 1/2 month old post... and I'm sure w0uter knows much more than you, particularly grammar.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.