Help with Add/Remove Programs

neogia

All I get with the AU3Info tool is "DirectUIHWND1", a classID when I'm anywhere on the Add/Remove Programs dialog. How do I navigate this form? I just want to look for an instance of a certain program and remove it from there. I would just run the uninstall file, but it's one of those that only runs from the Add/Remove dialog. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

look for the uninstall string in the registry

I tried that, it's an uninstall for McAfee Security Center on a brand new computer. I opened the uninstall from Add/Remove Programs, and the file is C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Shared\mcappins.exe When I run it it gives an error about missing components or something. I searched the registry for "mcappins" with no results. Any other ideas for the uninstall string?

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

This thread talks about this subject.

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

If the uninstall fails from running from the uninstall applet, then you need to look at the McAfee site for some answers to fix.

You can run the function below with the displayname shown in the uninstall applet as the parameter and it should return the uninstallstring in a msgbox.

; Example usage.
_UninstallString('AutoIt v3.1.1')

Func _UninstallString($displayname)
    $key_main = 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall'
    For $i = 1 To 1000
        $key_sub = RegEnumKey($key_main, $i)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If RegRead($key_main & '\' & $key_sub, 'DisplayName') = $displayname Then
            $uninstallstring = RegRead($key_main & '\' & $key_sub, 'UninstallString')
            If $uninstallstring = '' Or @error Then ContinueLoop
            Return MsgBox(0, $displayname, $uninstallstring)
        EndIf
    Next
    MsgBox(0, 'UninstallString', 'Not found')
EndFunc