AutoIT and java Applet

I have been playing around with AutoIT, and it looks pretty cool. I have successfully clicked buttons and so forth on Internet Explorer, but I seem to be having trouble with other kinds of applications.

In particular, I have a small demo java applet, named ShowFile.java. It is available at

http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/CWP-Sour...7/ShowFile.java

(also on a web page, but I forgot where it is). Anyway, when I do the command

appletviewer ShowFile.java

it comes up nicely, and AutoIT properly highlights the button and so on. Yet, when I try to click the button via a script, nothing happens. AutoIT recognizes the top-level window, because it makes it active, and will shut it down on demand when the script finishes. But I can't seem to get a handle on the button.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Steve

PS - Ialso have the same problem with a perl GUI app.

AutoIT automates Windows Applications. Any runtime environment is a 'black box' to Windows, and totally insulated from windows.

The range of things that au3 can do w/ these non-native applications is drastically limited, because there are no windows hooks to what is going on.

You may be able to do some things with the Pixel.. functions, with CLI I/O, Send(), and Mouse...() - but

the direct manipulation of controls inside any foreign runtime environment is beyond scope.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.