Autobuilder

CyberSlug

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should work, but I've only tested it on slow (< 600 MHz) computers.

I recently had a chance to try it once on a 2 GHz machine, and it didn't work :huh2: Maybe I introduced a race condition in trying to get the two scripts synchronized :D

What version of Windows and what CPU speed do you have?

I'll look for a solution.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

@cyberslug

Do you have a chance to test the upload gui.22? to know if your 3 point are OK?

You mean from www.hiddensoft.com/fileman/users/jpm/Misc/autoit-gui-cyberslug.zip right?

TCS_SINGLELINE works :)

Tab event notification seems good :huh2:

Tab controls still appear behind pic controls :D

If I only allow one tab control, I could get something to work in AutoBuilder.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

You mean from www.hiddensoft.com/fileman/users/jpm/Misc/autoit-gui-cyberslug.zip right?

TCS_SINGLELINE  works :lol:

Tab event notification seems good  :)

Tab controls still appear behind pic controls  :huh2:

If I only allow one tab control, I could get something to work in AutoBuilder.

Good, :)

just to understand is there an improvement in the point 1) ?

is the one tab limitation related to what?

I have a better look to the pic problem. I am afraid of pb with overlapping control :D

is the one tab limitation related to what?

Clarification: I mean only one tab control (with any number of tabitems).

The reason is that I can easily re-tile the remaining area on the window with 4 pic controls. If there are 2 tab controls, I need to re-tile the area around the tabs with up to 8 pics.... Remember that I use the pic controls to detect mouse clicks.

I hope that makes sense. I will soon post a verion of AutoBuilder that uses this method.

Ideally, the tab control would appear on top of my pic backround.

Edited by CyberSlug

Clarification:  I mean only one tab control (with any number of tabitems).

The reason is that I can easily re-tile the remaining area on the window with 4 pic controls.  If there are 2 tab controls, I need to re-tile the area around the tabs with up to 8 pics....  Remember that I use the pic controls to detect mouse clicks.

I hope that makes sense.  I will soon post a verion of AutoBuilder that uses this method.

Ideally, the tab control would appear on top of my pic backround.

THanks,

I will upload to Jon the current status gui.22.

Good luck for the update

It should work, but I've only tested it on slow (< 600 MHz) computers.

I recently had a chance to try it once on a 2 GHz machine, and it didn't work :huh2:  Maybe I introduced a race condition in trying to get the two scripts synchronized :D

What version of Windows and what CPU speed do you have?

I'll look for a solution.

Yeah on my work PC with XP at 933 Mhz it doesn't show the second screen.

On my home PC with 98 at 500 Mhz it does work. It's nice, a lil' clunky, but I expected that cos you said it would be.

I *think* the following will fix the problem with fast computers:

Helper.au3, comment out the statement WinWait($MAINTITLE)

Main.au3, comment out the statement WinWait($HELPERTITLE)

Both of these statements appear somewhere right before the outer-most While loop.

You need to download the latest AutoIt3.exe (or AutoItSC.bin if you want to re-compile).

I didn't plan working on AutoBuilder that much, but it seems like a good way to test and catch bugs in AutoIt-gui. I'm working on a version that should add support for tab controls, along with other improvements.

I've been in the process of implementing the next AutoBuilder improvements.

0.3 is buggy regarding group controls; a lot of dead code seems to be generated whether or not you insert a group control. I am totally re-working some parts of AutoBuilder so this will be fixed in the next version.

I have figured out:

- how to do "grippy" resizing and simple click-drag moving

- how to delete controls

- how to implement tab and group controls (and nesting!)

- prelim. ideas of how to implement setting styles and exStyles

- prelim. ideas of how to make AutoBuilder open a saved GUI script and let you add to it

Support for tab controls is quite interesting (or an ugly hack depending on how you look at it :D) so it might not be in the next release.

I believe I have figured out why Helper sometimes does not appear!!!!

Change the GUICreate statment near the top of Helper.au3. I believe the default values are 20 and 20. Changes these to 100 and 100.

I believe the bug is this: If you try to create a resizable window (style 0x04CF000) and your window height is smaller than the titlebar height, then the window will not appear.

People with fast computers tend to have Windows XP (with the XP themes) which uses larger titlebars than other versions of windows.

(I use the "classic" windows-2000-like theme on XP which is why I did not find the bug sooner.)

Here is a version of AutoBuilder based on older source code that lacks control resizing. It should be stable and fix the bug mentioned above.

I am busy working on the next version that will be a *lot* better (I hope :D)

Edited by CyberSlug

I would suggest a way for abort the creation.(In case of repenting)  :D

That's on the list :huh2:

Oh, I'll also be changing the default grid size from 8 to 10 pixels. I think a script with round numbers (for x,y,width,height) looks better.

Now if I could only change the mouse cursor....

Was there a resolution on problem with both windows opening and the faster processors?

I have 1gig proc and I can not get the builder to run properly or at all.

Did you see the post at the top of this page?

If that version above does not work, please let me know.

Announcing AutoBuilder 0.4 pre-release :D

Notes:

- The nice save dialog is being working on; script is copied to clipboard

- I couldn't get it to compile correclty, so drag Main.au3 into the provided AutoIt3.exe file (or create a shortcut with the proper command-line args)

- It's still quite beta, but group controls (frames) should work decently

- Tab controls and updown controls should be added soon....

- I'm playing around with opening saved GUI's for editing. Try passing dump.abf as a command-line argument to Main.au3

HotKeys

Alt+G toggle grid

Alt+S toggle snap-to-grid

Esc terminates a move or resize operation (if you cannot terminate by clicking the mouse)

See Readme for more info

:DAutoBuilder 0.4 pre-release #2 :huh2:

I'm posting because it's compiled this time and contains more features and bug-fixes.

- See the ReadMe file for keyboard shortcuts

- Preliminary "dump file support" (meaning you can open a saved GUI with AutoBuilder for editing so you do not have to start from scratch each time) To open a dump file, drag its icon to Main.exe

- Preliminary tab support has been added. NOTE: Generated scripts and dump files do not include tab controls yet.

- The script is still copied to the clipboard; I'll finish the save dialog screen soon--don't worry

Preliminary == Unfinished == features might change == do not rely on :lol:

I'd appreciate any bug reports. I know there are some bugs, but I cannot replicate them consistently :)