Autobuilder

CyberSlug

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was not this script you say you will not invest in?

What great job you are doing.

It's a good challenge and I don't see any alternative GUI Builders for AutoIt yet :D

@josbe: What features do you want for tabs? Here's the general plan:

- Add tabitems (but only at the right side due to limitations....)

- Remove tabitems

- Move/resize the tab control--this does not work yet

Limitations: A control will be part of a tabitem if and only if it appears on top of the tab. Consequently, you CANNOT create ONE single button that is visible on ALL tabs. Also, you cannot have a button elsewhere on the form that shows/hides depending on what tab is selected.

By the way: Date controls do not work very well yet. They steal focus and cannot be unselected.... There are lots of other bugs and unfinished work.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

:huh2:AutoBuilder 0.4 :)

Features:

- Supports Nested Groups and Tabs

- Supports Saving/Re-Open ABF (AutoBuilderFormat) files in addiition to creating AU3 scripts

- Contains many bug fixes

To-Do:

- Add UpDown and Date controls.... avoid them in 0.4!

- Add style and exStyle configuration

- Upgrade the Main.exe interface

- Add ability to cut/paste/clone controls???

- Additional save options, bug fixes, etc.

Notes:

- Run Main.exe and see Readme as usual

- To open a saved file, drag the ABF file to Main.exe. I think it works; I stopped testing after I could open, save, re-open, and re-save a file successfully :D

- @josbe: To close without saving, use the 'x' close button on the final dialog window

- Let me know of bugs you encounter.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

More than very good. :huh2:

I am more than amazed to what you are doing in your script.

Just one question did you notice it is almost impossible to resize a checkbox.

specially when it is inside a group

I expect some autoit-gui bug/deficiency .... :D

Just one question did you notice it is almost impossible to resize a checkbox.

specially when it is inside a group

Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, I have a major bug that prevents you from adding new tab items to a saved file that contains a tab.

I will fix these as soon as I can. Any other bugs?

Other notes (design decisions) that I maybe forgot to mention:

- To add controls to a group, you add or drag the controls on top of the group. You cannot include controls by resizing a frame to make it bigger. Visual Basic behaves this way--but I can change this behavior if you want.

- If you create a nested group, the inner group is not treated as contents of the outer group. Thus, if you move the outer frame, the inner frame will not move with it. Again, I can change this behavior if anyone wants.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, I have a major bug that prevents you from adding new tab items to a saved file that contains a tab.

I will fix these as soon as I can. Any other bugs?

Other notes (design decisions) that I maybe forgot to mention:

- To add controls to a group, you add or drag the controls on top of the group.  You cannot include controls by resizing a frame to make it bigger.  Visual Basic behaves this way--but I can change this behavior if you want.

-  If you create a nested group, the inner group is not treated as contents of the outer group.  Thus, if you move the outer frame, the inner frame will not move with it.  Again, I can change this behavior if anyone wants.

Thanks,

Not testing too much.

just on the GUI improving side :D

Guest Orajel

:DAutoBuilder 0.4 :huh2:

- Let me know of bugs you encounter.

Nice work, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

The form window goes in and out of focus, rapid fire, making it impossible

for me to interact with it. :)

Guess Ill have to stick with using the activeX version in hta's

Edited by Orajel

Nice work, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

The form window goes in and out of focus, rapid fire, making it impossible

for me to interact with it.  :D

I used to have this problem with the main window--until I fixed it--but I never had problems with the form window. Try this workaround:

Alt-Tab to another running application. (If there is no other running application, then launch one.) Alt-Tab back to the main gui window. Alt-Tab to the "rapid fire" gui window. It should work now.

@SlimShady: Having to click twice on the button is a bug in the AutoIt-gui build being used. I will look into your problem with saving.

@josbe: Not implemented yet--but will be soon (version 0.5?)

I haven't had a chance to upload bux fixes yet :huh2:

Edited by CyberSlug

I have been trying for the last few days and it works nice on my windows XP system with a celeron 900 with 512 of ram . here is a picture of a window I just got done with and now does all the stuff that you see the buttons for .

I realy like this gui maker ..

Posted Image

bobheart did you have to manually enter in the links or is that built into the program.

I'm pretty new to autoit. I'm not sure if i got the thing running correctly(autobuilder). Just trying ot make sure before i go in and try to add in links myself.

What i mean is this: on your picture you have a button for Notepad. when you press the button it runs notepad. I know how to make buttons but I am not sure about how you link to the exe file at least not by using the program.

Is this function included in autobuilder and I am just blind? I read the readme file does not go over this.

About to check over the sample scripts right now.

Any info would be helpful.

Falling, AutoBuilder generates codes only for building and detecting clicks on the GUI. You'll have to write code for what you want to happen when a button is clicked. If you look at the code generated when you save the gui into a au3 file, there is a section that includes something like:

Case $msg = $button_1
  ;;;  <==   put your code here of what to do when button 1 is clicked
    Run("c:\notepad.exe")       ; <= this is an example
Case ...

Hope that helps. :huh2:

CyberS: Just to post here what I posted on another thread about a minor bug ( for people like me who follow the development of this nice app):

When opening a saved .abf file that doesn't contain a tab, an error occurs ($CurrentTabRef undeclared). ABFs with tabs open ok. I'm using version 0.4 (official).

As a workaround (not sure if it the right solution and if it's ok with CS), I just added the line Global $CurrentTabRef in the top of the file "readabf.au3" (not sure about the filename though, it's in my home pc), recompiled main.au3 and helper.au3 and it worked. :D Haven't had problems since.

Thanks.

I have been trying for the last few days and it works nice on my windows XP system with a celeron 900 with 512 of ram . here is a picture of a window I just got done with and now does all the stuff that you see the buttons for .

I realy like this gui maker ..

Posted Image

Would you mind posting the source for the window that you created?

Sincerely yours,Jeremy Landesjlandes@landeserve.com

:D

AutoBuilder 0.4.1 BugFix-Release!

• FIXED*: have to click twice on "File" to able to save
  • FIXED: crash when opening a saved ABF that lacked a tab control
  • FIXED--I THINK: controls in groups (frames) hard to resize because the grippies disappear.

This fix might have introduced a bug with nested groups on tab controls...

• NEW BUGS: Extra null tabitem entries (the ones that "close" a tab control) might get added to ABF files you re-open and save.... I know what line causes the bug--I had commented out the line before releasing 0.4--but I have not determined the best way to fix it....
*upgrading to jpm's latest gui build is what fixed the double-click problem

:) Thank you for the feedback. I hope I fixed things more than I broke... More fixes will come when I get time :huh2:

@SlimShady: Does saving fail with or without and error message?

I wanted to test this version and the first time the save dialog froze.

What I did:

• Create a form
  • Press File
  • Press Home
  • Press Delete a couple of times. (I wanted to enter TestGUI)

The windowed cleared itself.

Enter and Delete didn't work.

• I clicked on the close button and I received this message:

(Copy and paste in a new window)

...http://NeoAngelo.3x.ro/scripts/dialog.jpg...

• I pressed 'Ja' (Yes) and the script closed and Enter, Delete worked again.
Later I did the same as above, but didn't press the Delete button,

save worked fine. I run the script and it showed exactly what I created.

To answer your question:

I don't remember exactly what happened but an error message never appeared.