Add time stamp to a filename

MaCgyver

Can autoit allow me to backup files from one directory to another directory? I want to have the date added to the filename when it is copied over. I am new to batch files and scripts but I've been learning. From what I hear autoit can do this for me. Has anyone done this yet? This program seems to be real neat and I will be going over the lessons and tutorials over the weekend. If it cannot do what I am asking for please let me know. I will still learn it because it seems to be a valuable tool.

• Developers

Can autoit allow me to backup files from one directory to another directory? I want to have the date added to the filename when it is copied over. I am new to batch files and scripts but I've been learning. From what I hear autoit can do this for me. Has anyone done this yet? This program seems to be real neat and I will be going over the lessons and tutorials over the weekend. If it cannot do what I am asking for please let me know. I will still learn it because it seems to be a valuable tool.

It can.. also assume that you are looking at version 3 not 2 ... (you posted in the v2 forum )

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)