Recursion Limit?

Drath

Ummm... I just found this out but there is a recursion limit in AutoIt3... Isn't the whole main idea of this program to create a loop using different functions? So why is there a limit of how many times a function can be called? Currently I don't see any way to make it have less fuctions, and even reduce the number of calls, so how can this be solved? Can I turn this limit off or something? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

umm im probably not a good source of info but i think of u just use

While 1
WEnd

it goes for ever... i'd ask one of the devs though

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

umm im probably not a good source of info but i think of u just use

While 1
WEnd

it goes for ever... i'd ask one of the devs though

I do have a While 1 and a WEnd to start, but my script needs other functions... to... well function.

umm i dont really understand what you're doing, can u post your current code?

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

I did, that's how I know what it does, I just don't know the purpose of it?

Well, if you're looking for purpose, it's because consecutive recursive calls use up a chunk, albeit maybe a small chunk, of RAM. Everytime you call another one, it uses another chunk, until the recursion starts and it frees up each chunk of RAM taken by each recursive call. If there weren't a limit, one could definitely crash AutoIt, if not the entire computer.

[u]My UDFs[/u]Coroutine Multithreading UDF LibraryStringRegExp GuideRandom EncryptorArrayToDisplayString"The Brain, expecting disaster, fails to find the obvious solution." -- neogia

In few cases, there is a need for recursion.

Fibonacci numbers are usually thought of as recursive function, however, I did find a formula the other day that will calculate a specific number without having to know the two previous numbers.

I wrote a sample function earlier this week, however, I don't have it right now. Wikipedia has a nice little image of the formula (located on the far right).

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())