Documentation for offline use

• Developers

Is there a PDF file or other document that can be downloaded that contains the AutoIT v3 documentation?

Thanks.

Do you mean other than the included helpfile ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is there a PDF file or other document that can be downloaded that contains the AutoIT v3 documentation?

Thanks.

The help file is the AutoIT command reference and tutorial all in one. It's a Windows Help File (.chm) and can be opened in any Windows environment. In fact, I'm on my laptop running Linux right now. I can run AutoIT under WINE, and I have the Beta-106 helpfile open right now with kchmviewer.

Cheers! :lmao:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Here is a link to a tutorial from LxP.

If you like it you could give his topic a bump to keep it near the top where newbies can see it :lmao:

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

I was not aware that there was an included help file. Thanks for pointing that out. And I downloaded the PDF tutorial and I'm looking it over, but it seems to be pretty basic. I am a programmer by nature, and I'm quite adept on writing cmd scripts and vbscript programs. The syntax is a little different, but it's not hard. It's just learning the function calls and macros that are available with the language.

The Maelstorm

If you already know some programming, just grab the beta (for all the newest functions) and Scite (an excellent editor with AutoComplete and a handful of other nice features), and just start scripting.

Beta: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

Scite: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

I'm not too much into beta software, especially when you are building an unattended install in a production environment. And for my text editing, I use Notepad++.

The Maelstorm

I'm not too much into beta software, especially when you are building an unattended install in a production environment. And for my text editing, I use Notepad++.

Not sure about Notepad++, but you're definitely missing out if you don't even try beta and/or Scite.

Note: beta does not mean unstable, it means new and updated.

Not sure about Notepad++, but you're definitely missing out if you don't even try beta and/or Scite.

Note: beta does not mean unstable, it means new and updated.

I'll take your word for it, but I really haven't needed any beyond what the 3.1.1 release contains in my installation scripts, and I've written some pretty complicated stuff. If you want info on Notepad++, this is the site: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm.

BTW, are you the same greenmachine that maintains the Windows XP Powerpacker tool and haunts the MSFN forums?

The Maelstorm

I'll take your word for it, but I really haven't needed any beyond what the 3.1.1 release contains in my installation scripts, and I've written some pretty complicated stuff. If you want info on Notepad++, this is the site: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm.

BTW, are you the same greenmachine that maintains the Windows XP Powerpacker tool and haunts the MSFN forums?

I'm thinking no on that last statement, seeing as I know nothing about either of those.

As for the beta, I'm sure you'll appreciate the advancements of the language and find uses for them soon.

I'm thinking no on that last statement, seeing as I know nothing about either of those.

As for the beta, I'm sure you'll appreciate the advancements of the language and find uses for them soon.

Considering that you have the same handle, I thought you were. If you are interested in what MSFN is, head on over to http://unattended.msfn.org for a look see. That site, and it's forums are dedicated to unattended Windows installations. I have to admit, I had my doubts about it, but now that I have a working installation set, I'll never go back to the old way again.

The Maelstorm