Autoit Related Programs

Literally hundreds, and many cost hundreds of dollars.

Do a quick Yahoo search and you should see a few.

AutoIt has more functions than any I have seen except one, and that is over a thousand dollars if I remember.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

VBScript has some of the same functionality as AutoIt (i.e. SendKeys, AppActivate, etc.) but isn't quite as robust. What are you looking for in particular? If you've run into something difficult to automate with AutoIt, I'm sure someone here in the forum can help you out.

Jeff

From the help file "Using AutoIt / Intended Use'

... It is not intended as the "be-all and end-all" of scripting. When performing complex tasks such a COM manipulation I would recommend using AutoIt in conjunction with a fully-fledged scripting language (such as WSH or Kixtart - both free) and using AutoIt to "fill in the gaps".

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

ok i wasnt aware that other programs were so expensive.

i tried looking on google but i didnt find any other useful programs

im basically interested in a program that just lets me send keys and maybe move the mouse.

but if it could just send keys from the keyboard, that would be great.

Some I have have used before AutoIt3

macroscheduler - reasonable window and control functions, gui capabilities, compiler in pro version, has own editor, has own scheduler http://www.mjtnet.com/

wintask - good window & control functions, gui capabilities, no compiler, has own editor, has own scheduler http://www.wintask.com/

Autotask2000 - small application, very limited macro capabilities, but a very nice scheduler. I use it instead of the windows task scheduler http://www.cypressnet.com/Products/autotask/autotask.htm

Edited by alawoona

i am looking for an alternative because although autoit can only perform some of the functions i need for the script i want to make

As I said much earlier in this thread: if you've run into something difficult to automate with AutoIt, I'm sure someone here in the forum can help you out. Just post more detail.

Jeff

As I said much earlier in this thread: if you've run into something difficult to automate with AutoIt, I'm sure someone here in the forum can help you out.  Just post more detail.

Jeff

You said you wanted to Send Keys and move the mouse. AutoIt does both of those and much more. What specifically do you want to do that AutoIt can't do? Folks with broad experience will be able to give much better direction outside of AutoIT, better yet, there is a good chance folks will help you with your goal. :huh2:

Gene

PS. On, the other hand, are you uncomfortable saying what you are trying to do? :D

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...