Help, im new to this...

go0b3r

ok well first of all if anyone has a link to what the commands mean that woudl be great. Second what im trying to do is (just for practice) make it open paint and draw a triangle, so im guessing i gotta make it click on the line then do the mousedrag thing and set the x+y's for that. but here is my problem. With me being new i dont know what this means: (this pops up on sciTE) mouseclick( "button" [, x, y [, clicks [, speed]]] )

what do those mean: Button, clicks and speed?? what do i put in for those? ty for any help. please forgive my noobishness

ok well first of all if anyone has a link to what the commands mean that woudl be great. Second what im trying to do is (just for practice) make it open paint and draw a triangle, so im guessing i gotta make it click on the line then do the mousedrag thing and set the x+y's for that. but here is my problem. With me being new i dont know what this means: (this pops up on sciTE) mouseclick( "button" [, x, y [, clicks [, speed]]] )

what do those mean: Button, clicks and speed?? what do i put in for those? ty for any help. please forgive my noobishness

First

Welcome to AutoIt

Second

This is a Great place for begginers to start

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048#

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Parameters

button - The button to click: "left", "right", "middle", "main", "menu", "primary", "secondary".

x, y [optional] - The x/y coordinates to move the mouse to. If no x and y coords are given, the current position is used.

clicks [optional] - The number of times to click the mouse. Default is 1.

speed [optional] - the speed to move the mouse in the range 1 (fastest) to 100 (slowest). A speed of 0 will move the mouse instantly. Default speed is 10.

If you read the help file it is all explained there.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

ok this is the code i have

run("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE")

MouseClick( "left" [, 600, 276 [, 1 ]] )

Send( "hotmail name{tab}")

MouseClick( "left" [, 643, 276 [, 1 ]] )

Send( "password{enter}")

but it doesn' work.. i get this message:

Line 2 (file "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\test scripts\test1.au3"):

MouseClick( "left" [, 600, 276 [, 1 ]] )

MouseClick( "left" ^ERROR

Error: Error in expression.

whats up with that??

how can i make a program close all together, not just close the window. What i want to do it make it close all the unneeded programs in the startup menu, this is the first one to close:

run( "C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\QuickTimePlayer.exe" )

I dont know if you need to know but the title when its fully started up is Apple QuickTime. If someone could make a simple code for that im guessing its easy enough to change it for the other programs

how can i make a program close all together, not just close the window. What i want to do it make it close all the unneeded programs in the startup menu, this is the first one to close:

run( "C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\QuickTimePlayer.exe" )

I dont know if you need to know but the title when its fully started up is Apple QuickTime. If someone could make a simple code for that im guessing its easy enough to change it for the other programs

Lookup ProcessClose in the help file and be sure to look at the example.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

im making this cuz sometimes i do want to use the programs, but usually i end up closeing them. Sofar i managed to get every program to close except quicktime. it Runs it, then with that processclose thing it closes it, but its still on in the startup menu. any thoughts?

This is what i have sofar (sorry again if its not done well, this is one of my first scripts for anything other than drawing a line on paint lol.

Run( "C:\Program Files\TELUS\TELUS Security service\Freedom.exe" )

winwait( "TELUS Security service" )

ProcessClose ( "Freedom.exe" )

Run( "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" )

winwait( "MSN Messenger" )

ProcessClose ( "msnmsgr.exe" )

Run( "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" )

winwait( "Windows Messenger" )

ProcessClose ( "msmsgs.exe" )

Run( "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" )

winwait( "Virtual DAEMON Manager V4.00HE" )

ProcessClose ( "daemon.exe" )

Run( "C:\Program Files\Byteswarm\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe" )

winwait( "LiveUpdate" )

ProcessClose ( "LiveUpdate.exe" )

Run( "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe" )

ProcessClose ( "CLI.exe" )

Run( "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe" )

winwait( "Apple QuickTime" )

ProcessClose ( "QuickTimePlayer.exe" )

It closes all of them BUT quicktime and ATI, with ATI i cant really put that whole winwait( "title" ) because there isn't really a title, the title is a picture or something. cant really explain it.

if this is the whole script it will start all these processes and shut them down! what is the purpose?

quick time is a pain in the a** if i were you delete it!

phil

well like i said im new, but all those programs are already in my startup menu, so what this is supposed to do is open them so there maximized, then the processclose shuts them off. I dont know a more direct way to do it.

i try one more time then let someone with more experience take over. is the intent to prevent these applications from starting in the first place?

phil

no, i use all the programs that are inthe startup bar, but sometiems i dont need them, so to clear some space i want to be able to close them all at a touch of a button. Hence the purpose of this script.