Download Newest File Through Http

mcj

I'm trying to put some sort of script together to check symantec's website for the latest symantec antivirus. We have to manually download them due to restrictions in place by firewall and proxy server. I need to check http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/download/us-files/xdb/ for the newest *.xdb file. I want the script to download the file either by checking the date (if it matches current date then download) or by checking if it is newer then what is on the server (checking timestamp?). I've only just started using AutoIt. I've been reading the help file but it haven't got very far. I can download the xdb file by exact file name but I don't know where to look in the Help to tell me how it can check the time and date of the file.

I'd appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Downloading the .xbd file is the easiest route. As soon as there is an updated file in the directory the server pushes the update out to the clients. With the .exe's I'd need to add another step. Running the file or extracting files from the .exe. But thanks for the response, I appreciate any other help you can give.