Interfacing With Java Windows

I'm worried the answer will be no, but can AutoIT in it's current form interact with Java applications? I realize that AutoIT can always blindly click and type, following a pre-set path, but the 'Last Control Under Mouse' portion of the AU3_Spy while in a java application is blank.

If this is something that AutoIT cannot do, does anyone know of a similiar scripting-based application that can interact with java based applications and windows? Perhaps this is something AutoIT can incorporate at a later date??

:D:huh2:

Just wanted to tap this back up to the top 'o the list...

If AutoIT can't and won't ever be able to interact with Java powered GUI windows, does anyone know another (free) utility that can?

Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

...it's quiet... too quiet...

This isn't exactly critical by any stretch of the imagination, but I am curious; so if anyone has any insight into this subject it'd be most appreciated.

Thanks.

I appreciate your response, SlimShady... but this is something I've found to be true on my own, hence the thread in the forums.

Are there plans to incorporate Java interactivit-ibility into AutoIT?

Is there a similiar, "opensource BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating" java?

Thanks

We are using some rather low-level windows commands to do what we are doing with controls, windows etc. I do not know if Java allows that depth of access. I should learn Java one of these days.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• 2 years later...

We looked at some automated testing solutions for work a little while ago, and being an AutoIt user, I asked the question about Java Controls. The answer was that with a special plugin, Quicktest Pro by Mercury (Used to be called WinRunner) is able to interact with Java controls. Anyone got any insights on how they might do it and if the technique could be ported to AutoIt?

Brief reference here

Ta

Walkabout

Edited by Walkabout

Well there is one way to impliment a java script - as a hybrid code, insert an CWebpage.dll library control that can be visual or nonvisual. The CWebpage control can then directly handle different html code, java included just as Html scripts...

I don't think that there should be any limits here, snap mouse location, mouse role over events etc. here some information on using this control in C++ http://www.codeproject.com/com/jscalls.asp...select=828100...

CWebpage library can be download some different location links in this forum - have a search..

kjactive :D

Edited by kjactive