*VAULTER* - PC LOCKOUT

Valuater

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

program runs like a dream .. runs sweet with beta I have xp sp2 and all latest updates.. but when I press F9 to enter my password I get the box and then it still remains locked can someone please advise.

br

Acideax

You only need two tools in life: WD40 and Duct Tape.If it moves and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape.If it should move but doesnt, use WD40.

program runs like a dream .. runs sweet with beta I have xp sp2 and all latest updates.. but when I press F9 to enter my password I get the box and then it still remains locked can someone please advise.

br

Acideax

Put the password in the box and hit enter.

Oh!! Thats how that works

:P:nuke::)

Thanx man, wouldn't have been able to but those two together :D

EDIT:

VERY nice proggy val

Use it VERY frequently

Thanks for sharing :lol:

Edited by Paulie

Thanx man, wouldn't have been able to but those two together :P

Well, acideax wasn't able to.

I'm not sure why you thought I was talking to you when I was quoting acideax.

From now on, if I'm not quoting you, know that I am not talking to you. Okay? Thanks.

what the heck?

He was being sarcastic.

If not, I live on neptune.

Now back on topic kk? :nuke:

I've seen a few complaints about not being able to change the password (don't remember where exactly)

Simply change Dim $KEY = "362436"

To

change Dim $KEY = "Any password you want goes here"

:P

He was being sarcastic.

Now back on topic kk? :)

I've seen a few complaints about not being able to change the password (don't remember where exactly)

To

:P

well, I think I just embarassed my self nicely.

Sorry :nuke:

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

From now on, if I'm not quoting you, know that I am not talking to you. Okay? Thanks.

well From now on, if you see the " :nuke: " smiley, know that I'm being sarcastic

too, so why on earth are you freaking out, is it that time of the month for you?

Just said that quote because it was pretty much obvious advice, that for all I and knew may have been totally unrelated to acideax's problem and was pretty condescending.

I don't think he nor I appreciate being talked down to. Personally, you need to chill with the harassment and flaming, you are a little out of control.

Its one thing to *Nicely* point out to a noob where they are wrong or maybe even call them a name for not reading before posting or something then correcting them, if they get offended and start freaking out, tell them that they are losing their odds of being helped if they are gonna be an ass, we as remotely decent Autoit users have the upper hand here, because they want what we have - An autoit program/ the ability to make one. but there is no need to chop anyone's head off, cause eventually, you may do it to the wrong person and regret it :)

P.S. - It's an open discussion board, I can respond to any post, however I :P want as long as it's in abides by the administration's rules as can you. so if you have a problem with what i post give me a problem, don't give me the "I'm not talking to you" Bullshit. You post something on this forum, everyone who visits it has the ability to read it, perceive it as they will, and reply as the desire. Regardless of who the post was directed to.

well From now on, if you see the " :P " smiley, know that I'm being sarcastic

too, so why on earth are you freaking out

Hi, learn to read.

He was being sarcastic.

Now back on topic kk? :)

To

:nuke:

After I made that post, you say that I don't know you were trolling and being sarcastic, and say that I was "freaking out"? You should definitely try harder to read.

Just said that quote because it was pretty much obvious advice, that for all I and knew may have been totally unrelated to acideax's problem and was pretty condescending.

I don't think he nor I appreciate being talked down to. Personally, you need to chill with the harassment and flaming, you are a little out of control.

but when I press F9 to enter my password I get the box and then it still remains locked can someone please advise.

This tells me that, he presses F9 to enter his password, and gets a box, and doesn't know what to do at that point.

So I told him what he needs to do to get passed that point.

There's no "flaming" or "harassment" or "condescending" about it. You really should learn to read.

Its one thing to *Nicely* point out to a noob where they are wrong or maybe even call them a name for not reading before posting or something then correcting them

Hi,

is not "call them a name for not reading". It is simply telling him how to get passed that point.

Iif they get offended and start freaking out

Hi, I don't recall seeing anyone "get offended and start freaking out", except you.

tell them that they are losing their odds of being helped if they are gonna be an ass

You are losing your odds of being helped if you "are gonna be an ass". Although I'm not sure what it is you need help with (besides reading).

[Nasty quote limit thing! Continued in next post..]

Edited by Azu

[Continued]

we as remotely decent Autoit users have the upper hand here, because they want what we have - An autoit program/ the ability to make one. but there is no need to chop anyone's head off, cause eventually, you may do it to the wrong person and regret it :nuke:

Hi, all I did was answer his question as simply as possible, if you think that is "chop anyone's head off", you really should learn to read better.

P.S. - It's an open discussion board, I can respond to any post, however I :P want as long as it's in abides by the administration's rules as can you.

Yes, as can I. Do you have a problem with that?

so if you have a problem with what i post give me a problem

There is no problem and I'm not sure why you're trying to make it. All I did was politely point out that I was answering someone else's question, not your's, and that there was no need for your trollish sarcasm being directed at me.

don't give me the "I'm not talking to you" Bullshit.

I wasn't talking to you. When I'm talking to someone else, there is no need for you to take it personally. I don't mean to hurt your feeling but, you aren't the only one on this forum that I find worth talking to.

You post something on this forum, everyone who visits it has the ability to read it, perceive it as they will, and reply as the desire.

Which is exactly what I did. Do you have a problem with it? If you do, consider not being hypocritical.

Regardless of who the post was directed to.

Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to take something personally when it is clearly an answer to someone else's question.

If I offend you, I'm sorry, I just wanted to straighten this out. Thanks.

By the way, it's quite ironic that most of your post was accusing me of "flaming" and being "condescending" and "talking down to", when in fact I was doing none of that before, yet you did it by the truckload.

Edited by Azu

@Paulie - Serisously dude just chill out and relax a bit. There is no need for accusations, flaming, etc. (I'm not accusing you of anything). If you see a post you truly disagree with, either reply with a half-respectful answer to why it is you disagree, or simply ignore the post altogether. We are supposed to be a cummnity that works together, not North Korea and South Korea.

If you are ever in need of some advice, fell free to view the first quote in my sig :P

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

look here, I can do a point-by-point too

Acideax said this:

To me, this means he pressed F9, got a box, but was either unable to type the password, or the password didn't work. not so much that he didn't know what to do (as you see it)

So you reply, saying "Put the password in the box and hit enter." which, by my previously stated understanding will not solve his problem, as he stated above that it remained locked.

so i said SARCASTICALLY (As illustrated by the ' :nuke: ' smiley) with the intent of getting the message across that "I think he already knew that and it was obvious." And it sort of could've been perceived as insulting by him as well.

In response to my post, you say:

The first line is taking my sarcastic statement literally, which prompted me to say "I was being sarcatic"

The second line is false in it's entirety, i NEVER believed you were talking to me

And the third line is what gets to me, I don't give a flying monkey who you're talking to, and the rhetorical/smart-ass "Okay? Thanks." is just plain insulting.

I then say to you "I was being sarcastic" using the same smart-ass way you said the "okay? thanks." line to me.

Yes. Fine you caught me in the exaggeration as I said you were "Freaking out" but I came to that conclusion after both reading several of you're most recent posts, as well as your sig. You just seemed Hot-Tempered is all

Where I say this:

Its one thing to *Nicely* point out to a noob where they are wrong or maybe even call them a name for not reading before posting or something then correcting them, if they get offended and start freaking out, tell them that they are losing their odds of being helped if they are gonna be an ass, we as remotely decent Autoit users have the upper hand here, because they want what we have - An autoit program/ the ability to make one. but there is no need to chop anyone's head off, cause eventually, you may do it to the wrong person and regret it

It is merely a suggestion directed to you, in the way to properly handle a noob who asks a question, I never meant to imply that any of this ever happened in this thread, it was merely hypothetical.

This next quote by me:

P.S. - It's an open discussion board, I can respond to any post, however I :P want as long as it's in abides by the administration's rules as can you. so if you have a problem with what i post give me a problem, don't give me the "I'm not talking to you" Bullshit. You post something on this forum, everyone who visits it has the ability to read it, perceive it as they will, and reply as the desire. Regardless of who the post was directed to.

Is in reponse to that "Okay? Thanks." quote of yours that just struck a nerve with me, cause as I said before, this board is an open discussion board, so therefore, anything on it is now public, and can be replied to by whoever feels like it, In this case it was me. In your point-by-point, you misconstrued this as an accusation that you did not do these things. which was quite the opposite of how they were intended, It was merely to show how useless the "I'm not talking to you" statement is.

And that is not the only thing you twist into something different in your PBP(Point-By-Point from now on)

You say this:

Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to take something personally when it is clearly an answer to someone else's question.

You're right, I don't have to do anything on this forum, but that doesn't mean I can't

You say this:

Yes, as can I. Do you have a problem with that?

It is not that fact that I have a problem with I how i replied to something you said, and you just said basically "I'm not talking to you" instead of actually reading what I have to say

There is more, but it is sorta covered above, so i won't repeat myself

Lastly, you say:

By the way, it's quite ironic that most of your post was accusing me of "flaming" and being "condescending" and "talking down to", when in fact I was doing none of that before, yet you did it by the truckload.

When in fact, some of the things you had said could have been perceived as insulting.

And A quick look into your recent previous posts reveals your tendency to explode in a cursing fit at noobs who ask questions that are annoying

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=31885&hl=

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=31834&hl=

(Note: I'm not sticking up for any noob in these posts, nor do I fell that they Shouldn't be flamed, just illustrating Azu's temper)

Your seemingly sarcastic reply to Acideax just seemed to me as the bud of a potential arguement begining by him replying say something like "I knew that already, quit spaming the obvious" so I was trying to illustrate this sarcastically to lighten the mood of it. But it didn't really work did it?

And PLEASE tell me, when and where did I flame/talk down to/condescend to you?

• Moderators

Then why do you continue to try to personally insult me?

I have a better question... Why must any of you continue to hijack this thread... if you want to chat about how you feel about one another, start a thread in the Chat Forum, or get each others IM's.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I have a better question... Why must any of you continue to hijack this thread... if you want to chat about how you feel about one another, start a thread in the Chat Forum, or get each others IM's.

I agree...again. you say lots of things I agree with. lol.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

If someone tries to insult me, then I try to defend myself, if the person chooses a bad place like a forum topic, then shame on him. :P

If they would just stop trying to pick fights to inflate their e-peen, none of this kind of stuff would happen. I really do wish they would grow up.

I quickly realized a long time ago that asking someone to stop doesn't help...

( notice i have stayed out of it.. even in my thread )

but i did think about starting a thread like "Azu vs Paulie... continued" in the chat forum...

and now "Azu vs Valik ... continued" from another thread

but that wouldn't help either

lol

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

@Valuater lol, you got a point there. This IS your forum in the first place, so why do they bother going on and on with pointless comments to each other in the middle of your PC LOCKOUT forum? Aw well... not much we can do but wait until one of them figures out where the other one lives (and sleeps :P) and just finishes it up once and for all.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]