Remote Bios Read

Im looking for a way to read a serial number from a dell pc`s bios remotely without using WMI. The PC`s are running windows nt4 and I have admin access to them all. I am not allowed to install WMI or any other software onto these pc`s.

Any help would be greatly valued.

read a serial number from a dell pc`s bios remotely without using WMI. or any other software

I don't have any NT4 machines any more - does the registry have anything useful - perhaps in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Im looking for a way to read a serial number from a dell pc`s bios remotely without using WMI. The PC`s are running windows nt4 and I have admin access to them all. I am not allowed to install WMI or any other software onto these pc`s.

Any help would be greatly valued.

Don't assume there is no WMI just because it's NT. WMI was included in NT4 SP4, IIRC. Any box still running NT should at least be running SP6a. WMI may already be there. Sorry for taking your time if you already looked, I just wanted to say don't assume it.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The NT4 boxes are running Sp6a, unfortunatly they dont have WMI installed. I have tested this.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION, unfortunatly doesnt have anything usefull in it. Good attempt though.

That was a interresting read Cyber. Unfortunatly the Pc`s gets ghosted with the same image and then deployed. Dell folder is not part of the image and if it was that would meen that the .ini file would be the same on all PC`s.

Edited by DemonAngel