$variable problem :(

• Moderators

i dont understand... it should be the beta, because that include is already there

??

8)

I hadn't personally seen or looked at the code in question Val, I was only answering the question. I should have just posted the specific UDF I guess.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Valuater,

Thanks for lookin' at this... I really didn't want you to fix it, but explain it to me. That's why I posted in the first place. I tried lots o' things (that's how I butchered up your script to begin with) to get this to work for me. (I was pretty handy with "batch" in the 'ol days... 1200 line autoexec.bat... ofcourse it took my machine 3 days to boot) Everything was good untill I changed that $var... then (poof) no longer working. What is that $var purpose? If not a file search criteria? I stumped...

$word_search = GUICtrlCreateInput(".au3", 30, 130, 200, 20)

And do I need to install the Beta, I mean really (Autoit Beta I mean)... I always thought Beta was "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!"

And as far as the lower portion of the script... I think Oxin8 (I hope that's right) suggested that. Again, I'm No Programmer, I'm A Land Surveyor... Just tryin' to automate some tasks that our field guys may find difficult. (Computer to them means video game)

BTW, none of this is mine, I just modified pieces...

Land Surveyor....

Thanks Again,

BBB

PS, Valuater... sorry for the flame. Just Frustrated.

Many of the scripts you see on the forum use the Beta UDFs and functions that come with it. It's actually IMHO more stable than the official release, and from what I understand they are just waiting on Jon to make it the next official release.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What is that $var purpose? If not a file search criteria? I stumped...

CODE

$word_search = GUICtrlCreateInput(".au3", 30, 130, 200, 20)

the idea of the original script was..

to find files in the desired directory

search those files for a desired word or phrase

( search for your word/phrase through each entire file... in every file of the selected folder(s) )

hope that helps

8)

NEWHeader1.png